Oita Packing List Tips by kiwigal_1
Oita What to Pack: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Luggage and bags: The closest major airport to Oita is in Fukuoka. It is likely that you will travel by train to get to Oita. If this is the case then I suggest you use a backpack or easy to carry bag rather than an awkward suitcase.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Rainy Season is around June/July and rain weather gear is essential. I just use an umbrella but there have been times that I have got completely soaked!! I can't buy shoes in Japan so I have had to think carefully before I came about what kind of footwear to buy. Note: Easy to slip on and off shoes are best and if you are going to work in a public building you will need <i>indoor</i> shoes to wear. The Japanese always take their outdoor shoes off before entering their house or work.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Most things you will need can be purcahsed here. I don't recommend going to a hospital in Japan unless you really need to. In most cases the pharmacist will be able to help you if you tell them what is wrong and what kind of medicine you are looking for (a phrase book will have this in it).
More Reviews (4)
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Oita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oita musings"
- "Nhung's new Oita Page"
- "Oita Airport"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ledig Hotels
- Heceta Beach Hotels
- Kaimuki Hotels
- Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Gorai Hotels
Badges & Stats in Oita
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Oita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oita
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 45 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos
Latest Oita hotel reviews
- Ana Hotel Oita Oasis Tower
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013