"Aotearoa - New Zealand" New Zealand by kiwigal_1
New Zealand Travel Guide: 14,447 reviews and 36,446 photos
New Zealand is my country. I was born and raised here although since about 1998 I have only lived here or visited on and off.
The Maori name for New Zealand is Aoteaora which translates to mean - Land of the Long White Cloud.
New Zealand is a truly beautiful country and I feel very fortuante to come from here. Although New Zealand is a young country there are places of historical interest to visit as well as the obvious natural wonders that abound here.
If you are looking for specific information on the various places to see in New Zealand then please refer to the city or towns page.
Population: 2009 estimates are about 4.3 million
Area: 267,844 sq. km.
Capital (population): Wellington (331,100)
Major Cities: Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch
Language(s): English, Maori
Monetary Unit: New Zealand Dollar
Auckland is the biggest city in NZ and is also my home city. After a few years based in Japan and travelling around I am not living back in Auckland (since May 2002). I work here for New Zealand Trade & Enterprise which is a NZ government agency that works for economic development and trade development (NZ exports).
This picture is of Rangitoto Island. Rangitoto is in the Hauraki Gulf 30 mins by ferry from Auckland city. It is the youngest volcano in the Auckland volcanic region
Please visit my Auckland Region Page for more information on my hometown. Please let me know if you are coming to Auckland so that we can meet up for a coffee downtown.
The telephone code for New Zealand is 64 .
Auckland and Northland are 09.
Waikato is 07 .
Hawkes Bay/Taranaki is 06 Wellington and Wairarapa are 04 .
South Island is 03
Here are some website links pertaining to New Zealand
New Zealand official website
New Zealand White Pages - Address and Telephone Directory
New Zealand Herald - Daily Newspaper
Provincial Newspaper Website
TradeMe - Online Auctions & Shared Accommodation (flat) Listings
New Zealand Immigration Service
- Pros:Many wilderness areas with breathtaking scenery
- Cons:Public transport isn't so good.
- In a nutshell:History, Culture and the best Natural Areas on Earth!
One of the coolest place to do a kayak trip in New Zealand is in the Abel Tasman National Park. This is an all inclusive... more travel advice
Waiheke Island is an island in the Hauraki Gulf in the outer edge of Auckland Harbour. The island is home to about... more travel advice
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
New Zealand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kia Ora - Aotearoa"
- "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- "Antipodean Paradise"
- "Living and Travelling in New Zealand"
- "The most beautiful country in the world"
- "North & South Islands."
- "God's Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Zealand
- Hotels in New Zealand
- Transportation in New Zealand
- Nightlife in New Zealand
- Restaurants in New Zealand
- Shopping in New Zealand
- Warnings and Dangers in New Zealand
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in New Zealand
- 262 Reviews
- 413 Photos
- 85 Forum posts
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Zealand
- Posted in Travel Santiago Forum "Re: Ski Rental"
- updated a New Zealand Travel Page "Aotearoa - New Zealand"
- Wrote a Review Kayaking in the Abel Tasman National Park in New Zealand Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kayaking in the Abel Tasman National Park"
- Commented on one of rozehill's New Zealand travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 45 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos
Top New Zealand hotels
- Auckland Hotels
- 1035 Reviews - 2290 Photos
- Wellington Hotels
- 590 Reviews - 1255 Photos
- Queenstown Hotels
- 630 Reviews - 1671 Photos
- Rotorua Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 1224 Photos
- Mangere Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- Christchurch Hotels
- 1239 Reviews - 2600 Photos
- Palmerston North Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 92 Photos
- New Plymouth Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Tauranga Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Napier Hotels
- 198 Reviews - 522 Photos
- Waiheke Island Hotels
- 59 Reviews - 150 Photos
- Dunedin Hotels
- 338 Reviews - 786 Photos
- Hamilton Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 237 Photos
- Hanmer Springs Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 104 Photos
- Taupo (town) Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 47 Photos