" ROTORUA " Rotorua by kiwigal_1
Rotorua Travel Guide: 501 reviews and 1,294 photos
Rotorua is one of New Zealand's major travel and tourism destinations. On my most recent trip here I spent 5 days exploring what Rotorua had to offer.
Rotorua is located in one of New Zealand's most active geothermal areas. If you are into geysers and boiling mud pools and don't mind the smell of sulphur then make your way here!
Rotorua is also an awesome place to go mountain biking! Either bring your own bike or hire one.
- Pros:Close to Auckland, with plenty to see and do
- Cons:Sulphur smell prevalent in the city
- In a nutshell:An active geothermal city with plenty of Maori culture
Rainbow Springs and Farm is quite a good family activity especially if you have young children. The Farm show is typical... more travel advice
While I was in Rotorua I had the pleasure of experiencing a wonderful Aix Massage at the QE Health Centre in... more travel advice
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Rotorua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Roto-Vegas!"
- "Clean Steam - Smell Hell - Culture Capital"
- "Rotorua, main tourist attraction in North Island."
- "b1bob goes to Rotorua, among other nearby places"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rotorua
- Hotels in Rotorua
- Transportation in Rotorua
- Nightlife in Rotorua
- Restaurants in Rotorua
- Shopping in Rotorua
- Warnings and Dangers in Rotorua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rotorua
- 17 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Rotorua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rotorua
Photos in RotoruaSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 44 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos