" ROTORUA " Rotorua by kiwigal_1

Rotorua Travel Guide: 484 reviews and 1,224 photos

Rotorua is one of New Zealand's major travel and tourism destinations. On my most recent trip here I spent 5 days exploring what Rotorua had to offer.

Rotorua is located in one of New Zealand's most active geothermal areas. If you are into geysers and boiling mud pools and don't mind the smell of sulphur then make your way here!

Adventure Sports

Rotorua is also an awesome place to go mountain biking! Either bring your own bike or hire one.

Useful Websites

www.rotorua.co.nz - Rotorua Information Centre

www.geysertv.co.nz - Rotorua's free TV station with free downloadable clips of key tourist attractions.

• Pros:Close to Auckland, with plenty to see and do
  • Cons:Sulphur smell prevalent in the city
  • In a nutshell:An active geothermal city with plenty of Maori culture
  • Last visit to Rotorua: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 18, 2004

Travelogues (1)

• Nov 8, 2006 at 4:40 PM

Hi my name is Torrance i am looking for features of Paradise Valley Springs for my assessment. Could you help me by sending me some info about it please. send it to utu_nando@hotmail.com

• jghpmontt's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2006 at 12:07 PM

i see the zorb for first time with Peter Gabriel concert...incredible

• spitball's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2006 at 10:25 AM

That looks like a gas! I've got to get me assp over there one of these days.

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 6:22 PM

hi Rhianon, great rororua page. It's many years since I visited, but I'd love to go back some day. I have to say, visiting the Agrodrome with a hangover was just a bit surreal for me. Performing sheep? ;-)) fergy.

• SpagBoll's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 12:58 PM

Great tip thanks

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2005 at 4:43 PM

I did that luge ride on that mountain and scuffed myself and my britches up some kind of bad.

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 3:40 AM

Hey kiwigal I've done this, it was great fun. Brings back good memories of my time in NZ. Thanks for the tip

kiwigal_1

“If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you already have.”

Badges & Stats in Rotorua

Have you been to Rotorua?

Latest Activity in Rotorua