"Hamilton - The River City" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton by kiwigal_1

Hamilton Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 225 photos

I moved to Hamilton in September 2004 for work. I will be living here until December 2004. My first impressions of Hamilton as a place to live have been favourable. It is very clean and has way less traffic than Auckland! I can sleep in as it takes me half the time to get to work in the mornings! Hamilton is home to Waikato University and hence has a number of students living there. The nightlife, although more concentrated than Auckland can be quite boisterous!

The Waikato River is where Hamilton gets its name as "the river city". It is New Zealand's longest river which starts at Lake Taupo and runs to the sea at Ragland which is located North West of Hamilton.

• Pros:Close to Auckland but without the traffic problems
  • Cons:As a kid I thought it was quite boring but now I don't care!
  • In a nutshell:The largest inland city in New Zealand
  • Last visit to Hamilton: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 21, 2004

• Nov 1, 2009 at 12:48 PM

The Bank has been renovated this year and is now much more upmarket and not a predominantly student bar any more.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 6:59 AM

I wonder why the night life is boisterous. Long time since I have been in hamilton.

• skatzcatz's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2004 at 9:59 PM

ok it was me again :-P

• worldkiwi's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2004 at 2:54 AM

Haere Ra from Auckland!! You surely can't be a mooloo supporter... VT meetings at Pokeno bacon now???? :)

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2004 at 4:33 PM

Welcome to the Waikato!! Does that mean you are a Mooloo supporter now??? LOL.

kiwigal_1

“If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you already have.”

Badges & Stats in Hamilton

Have you been to Hamilton?

Latest Activity in Hamilton