"Hamilton - The River City" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton by kiwigal_1
Hamilton Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 226 photos
I moved to Hamilton in September 2004 for work. I will be living here until December 2004. My first impressions of Hamilton as a place to live have been favourable. It is very clean and has way less traffic than Auckland! I can sleep in as it takes me half the time to get to work in the mornings! Hamilton is home to Waikato University and hence has a number of students living there. The nightlife, although more concentrated than Auckland can be quite boisterous!
The Waikato River is where Hamilton gets its name as "the river city". It is New Zealand's longest river which starts at Lake Taupo and runs to the sea at Ragland which is located North West of Hamilton.
- Pros:Close to Auckland but without the traffic problems
- Cons:As a kid I thought it was quite boring but now I don't care!
- In a nutshell:The largest inland city in New Zealand
Hamilton is the capital of the Waikato Region. The Waikato is New Zealand's biggest dairy area. Cows galore! The main... more travel advice
Lake Karapiro is located just off State Highway One between Cambridge and Hamilton. It is a man made lake formed when... more travel advice
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Hamilton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hamilton, The River City."
- "Hamilton, on the Waikato River"
- "Hamilton - The River City"
- "Hamilton student life"
- "Hamilton, Waikato Region, North Island"
- "Nine days in Hamilton"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamilton
- Hotels in Hamilton
- Transportation in Hamilton
- Nightlife in Hamilton
- Restaurants in Hamilton
- Shopping in Hamilton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hamilton
- 17 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Hamilton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamilton
Photos in HamiltonSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 45 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos