"Havelock - Mussel Capital of New Zealand" Havelock by kiwigal_1
Havelock Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 20 photos
Havelock is a small town that traffic passes through when travelling between Picton and Blenheim. Even though it is small it is renowned for being the "Mussel Capital" of New Zealand. When we stopped on a beautiful summer day it was a restaurant with models of mussels all over the roof (see entry under restaurants for more information). The mussel's were indeed very yummy! If you have the time on your road trip and are looking for a place to eat and stretch the legs then I recommend Havelock!
- Pros:Yummy fresh mussel's
- In a nutshell:A good pit stop on a road trip from Picton
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Havelock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Havelock - Mussel Capital of New Zealand"
- "HAVELOCK - MARLBOROUGH SOUNDS"
- "Heading South...."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Havelock
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Havelock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Havelock
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 45 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos