"Santa Cruz - Wine Region" Santa Cruz by kiwigal_1
Santa Cruz Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 99 photos
Santa Cruz is located in the Colchagua Valley - a fertile horticulture and viticulture region. The region is the VIth region of Chile known as The Region of the Libertador Bernado O'Higgins. The capital of the region is Rancagua.
Santa Cruz is about 2 hours south of Santiago.
I came to Santa Cruz on a couple of occasions. The first time was driving through and I stopped for lunch. The second time I was on a special tour organised by the local government to showcase the VIth region to foreign commercial staff. We sampled the regions fine wines and hospitality in a very memorable trip.
The Tren del Vino is a steam train that was restored and is now used as a tourist attraction to showcase the wines of the region.
- Pros:Excellent wine
- In a nutshell:Wine wine and more wine!
The first time I came to Santa Cruz I was doing a bit of a road trip with my friends and we rented a car in Santiago... more travel advice
We actually drove from the coast to Santa Cruz on this particular trip but you could do it the other way round of... more travel advice
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Santa Cruz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SANTA CRUZ"
- "Santa Cruz - Wine Region"
- "SANTA CRUZ, CHILE"
- "SANTA CRUZ ISLAND GALAPAGOS ARCHIPELIGO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Cruz
- Hotels in Santa Cruz
- Transportation in Santa Cruz
- Restaurants in Santa Cruz
- Shopping in Santa Cruz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Cruz
- 14 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Santa Cruz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Cruz
Photos in Santa CruzSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 72 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 65 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos