"Working in Santiago" Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago by kiwigal_1
Santiago Travel Guide: 950 reviews and 2,200 photos
I am a New Zealander who arrived in Santiago on 3 June 2006.
Initially I thought that I would be staying in Chile for only 6 months as that was the duration of my work contract. That has now turned into an indefinite stay as my contract got extended and then on the 5th January 2008 I got married to my wonderful Chilean husband, Christian. On 4th February 2009 our little family grew in size with the addition of Nicolás our bundle of joy.
I have travelled a fair bit and stayed in a few cities around the world but I have to say that right from the first day I felt really comfortable living in Santiago. The city does have pollution problems in the winter months and has public transportation issues (what big city doesn't!?) but has a whole lot going for it too.
If you are passing through Santiago or want some advice then please drop me a line.
- Pros:Mountains and ocean close by, good standard of living
- Cons:Crazy drivers, smog in winter
- In a nutshell:A conservative but comfortable city to live in
The Concha y Toro Vineyard is one of the most important historical vineyards in Chile. It is possible to visit the... more travel advice
The best places for skiing in Chile are near Santiago - Valle Nevado, La Parva, El Colorado and a little further away -... more travel advice
- See All Parque Arauco Mall
- See All Only hotel near Santiago Airport
- See All Airport Arrival Reciprocity Fee
- See All "Trans VIP" Airport Transfer Service
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Santiago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santiago, Chile"
- "a great place"
- "Santiago, Capital of Chile"
- "Working in Santiago"
- "Between the mountains and the sea"
- "VT Meeting in Santiago"
- "A little taste of South America"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santiago
- Hotels in Santiago
- Transportation in Santiago
- Nightlife in Santiago
- Restaurants in Santiago
- Shopping in Santiago
- Warnings and Dangers in Santiago
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Santiago
- 56 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 33 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Santiago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santiago
Photos in SantiagoSee All Photos (118)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 45 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos
Latest Santiago hotel reviews
- Hotel Paris
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Sheraton Santiago Hotel And Convention Center
- 226 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Los Nogales Santiago
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2008
- Hotel Carrera
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Eurotel Hotel Providencia Santiago
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 5, 2013
- La Fayette Suites Providencia
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 22, 2013
- Bellavista Hostel
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Best Western Majestic City Center Santiago
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 21, 2013
- Orly Hotel
- 640 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Novotel Santiago Vitacura
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Marriott Hotel Santiago
- 257 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Atton Las Condes Hotel
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Diego de Almagro Hotel Downtown Santiago
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013
- Windsor Suites Santiago
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 19, 2013