"Why not Athens?" Athens by maxovna
Athens Travel Guide: 4,454 reviews and 10,166 photos
<b> One can't deny that <font color=fuchsia> Athens </font> is a treasury of world civilization. It is very difficult even to finish driving metro tunnels - every time the underground workers come across something historically valuable, and excavations are immediately started at this place. When I am in Athens I always have a feeling that someone is looking at me, maybe Greek Gods? <font color=green> Zeus? Apollo? Athene?</font>
Do you know that on top of Acropolis there was a bronze statue of Athene of 13 meter high with a spear in her hand? Its point was polished and served as a lighthouse. The statue was ruined by the Turkish and bullets were made of its bronze. Though streets of Athens are not always clean, the city has its unique charm, rich history - and that makes it worth visiting.</b>
If you happen to find yourself in Anavisos, in the centre of Saronic Gulf (48 km from Athens) - NEVER stop at the... more travel advice
By airplane or by ship. Use metro (nice way to get to Athens from Piraeus) and local bus, but bear in mind that... more travel advice
maxovna's Related Pages
Athens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Athens, my city!"
- "My trap!"
- "Athens is full of Archaeological sights & History"
- "Athina mou..."
- "Athens afterwords"
- "The Beginning... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Athens
- Hotels in Athens
- Transportation in Athens
- Nightlife in Athens
- Restaurants in Athens
- Shopping in Athens
- Warnings and Dangers in Athens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Athens
- 9 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athens
Photos in AthensSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Russia 15 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Turkey Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greece Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues