"A City of Great Names" Florence by maxovna
Florence Travel Guide: 5,246 reviews and 11,826 photos
<b>For me Florence is associated with a number of <font color=green> great names </font> known to the whole mankind. Here a Florentine <font color=green> Dante </font> started the Italian language. <font color=green> Giotto</font>, the forerunner of Renaissance, was also a Florentine. Here worked <font color=green> Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Rafael, Botticelli</font>. The air here is saturated with great spirit. Florence is nice in spring, not for nothing "Florence" means "blooming". </b>
Visit the Uffizi Gallery. 'Uffizi' means 'offices' - the building was meant for them. Later they turned the 3rd floor... more travel advice
Walk along the embankment of the Arno, it's a pleasure! Here, on the embankment, round the corner from the Uffizi... more travel advice
maxovna's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "weekends in Florence"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fourth time round....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 8 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
Photos in FlorenceSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Russia 15 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Turkey Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greece Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues