"Manchester, New Hampshire" Manchester by Goner
Manchester Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 107 photos
Flying into Manchester is a great experience, the airport is very modern and efficient, unlike many, many, many I have flown into.
Returning to Manchester during their rush hour was another experience, their rush hour is just that, their freeway (I think they call it something else) was very busy.
As I didn't spend too much time there, I'm borrowing a comentary from Jeff Boulter, a native of this bustling city. (His picture too!).
While surfing to find information on Manchester I found a site that was so enjoyable I must share it with VT.
" Where else can one live 45 minutes from clean beaches, an hour from one of the world's greatest cities (Boston), an hour from some of the largest and most beautiful lakes in the country, and a few hours from 6000+ foot mountains?
Manchester, or as some of us locals call it, The BIG CITY. Add on no income tax and no sales tax and you have one of the most productive economies in the nation.
Every four years we are center of the political spotlight as Presidential candidates compete to win the coveted first-in-the-nation primary. For the 1992 election, Clinton, Dole, Tsongas, and bunch of others visited my high school."
and a little Q & A
[Q] Aren't there more cows than people in NH?
[A]No. You're thinking of Vermont, and the people population surpassed the bovine population sometime in the seventies. According to the 1990 Census, about 1.1 Million people live in NH.
For more about New Hampshire ,and Manchester in particular check out Jeff's site - www.Jeff@boulter.com\nh for a good read.
- Pros:Manchester has a great airport..
- Cons:I got lost driving there at night.
- In a nutshell:Great place to start your New England travels.
Goner's Related Pages
Manchester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hard Luck to High Tech"
- "Manchester New Hampshire"
- "RhondaRuth's new Manchester Page"
- "MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE"
- "m.n.'s new Manchester page"
- "wdw4us's new Manchester Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manchester
- Hotels in Manchester
- Transportation in Manchester
- Nightlife in Manchester
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Shopping in Manchester
- Warnings and Dangers in Manchester
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Manchester
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Manchester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manchester
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 68 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 18 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 35 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 26 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Manchester hotel reviews
- Ramada Inn Manchester
- 146 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Super 8 Motel - Manchester/Airport
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Four Points By Sheraton Manchester
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Radisson Hotel Manchester
- 263 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2013
- Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Homewood Suites Manchester Airport
- 139 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013