"Oceanside" Top 5 Page for this destination Oceanside by Goner
Oceanside Travel Guide: 203 reviews and 552 photos
Oceanside is a pretty beach town with 3.5 miles of beachfront with a strand the weaves along it's side. There are nice views of the mountains from the long wooden pier. The population of Oceanside is approximately 160,000, but has a small town atmosphere. The Amtrak train station is nearby which makes it very convenient for those who've come to enjoy the beach or the sites the town has to offer.
the North Coast (San Diego) area:
Camp Pendelton - 1 mile
Legoland - 5 miles
Mission San Luis Rey - 3 miles
Quail Botanical Gardens - 7 miles
Wild Animal Park - 10 miles,
with San Diego and it's attactions approximately 20 miles away.%c*
Besides a lovely beach to visit, there is the San Luis Rey Mission, the third to be built of the 21 missions in California. This National Historic Landmark was founded by Padre Fermin Francisco de Lasuen in 1798 and was named after St. In Louis IX, King of France.
The third church on this site was erected between 1811 and 1815. In 1893 the Catholic Church rededicated the misson as a Franciscan college as it is today.
The existing pier was built in 1946 and at 1,942 feet was the longest wooden pier in the United States, and is still one of the longest. The pier is used for fishing as well as strolling and viewing whales during their migration.
- Pros:A Pleasant Ocean Side Town to Visit
- In a nutshell:Oceanside is a Great Vacation Base
The center is open for midweek and weekend retreats. The grounds are lovely and the rooms are said to be very... more travel advice
AKA the Bucket House, everything comes in a bucket, except for the margaritas. There are several different buckets on... more travel advice
Goner's Related Pages
Oceanside Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Oceanside Revisited~"
- "Let's meet in Oceanside again :-)))"
- "A day in Oceanside"
- "Oceanside - California"
- "VT welcomes Matt and Ursula to Oceanside"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oceanside
- Hotels in Oceanside
- Transportation in Oceanside
- Nightlife in Oceanside
- Restaurants in Oceanside
- Shopping in Oceanside
- Warnings and Dangers in Oceanside
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Oceanside
- 13 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Oceanside?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oceanside
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 68 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 18 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 35 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 26 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Oceanside hotel reviews
- Oceanside Marina Suites
- 250 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Marina del Mar Condos
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 12, 2013
- Blue Whale Resort
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013
- Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort
- 253 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- North Coast Village
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Aquamarine Villas
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2013
- Comfort Suites Marina
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Best Western Oceanside Inn
- 151 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Mission San Luis Rey Retreat
- 1 Review & Opinion