"Strandhill a Great Surprise" Strandhill by Goner
Strandhill Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Strandhillwas a great surprise, actually I'd never heard of it, but the surfers have. This pretty little ocean town is host to surfers around the world I'm told. I didn't see many surfing the day we visited there, the wind was blowing a gale and it was a cold April day. Not much surf either.
The little town looks touristy in a subtle way with a large inviting beach. Strandhill isn't on any tour, the driver we hired in Sligo made a stop here because it is a lovely spot in the western part of Ireland situated 5 miles (8km) west of Sligo nestled between Knocknarea Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean.
For the surfers, I've listed the surf cam website below.
There is an 18 hole golf course, a caravan park, pubs, restaurants and a seaweed bath house at Strandhill. You'll find the Sligo Airport here also.
There is ample free parking near the beach. There are two car parks, a smaller car park along the promenade and a second much larger car park 100m from the promenade. The second car park is on your left as you drive towards the promenade.
There is a caravan park is located on 20 acres of grass with a sandy base with natural protection from the onshore breezes of Strandhill beach.
There are two camping areas for tents, one with views of the sea and the other which is more sheltered.
- Pros:A fun and lovely seaside village
- Cons:Not well know
- In a nutshell:It was a surprise to me as it has much to offer a visitor
Goner's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Strandhill
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Strandhill?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strandhill
Photos in StrandhillSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 68 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 18 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 35 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 26 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues