Sligo Favorite Tips by Goner
Sligo Favorites: 11 reviews and 11 photos
Favorite thing: Besides being a good base to tour the surrounding area it's a nice walkable city. If you stay in a hotel near Stephen Street you can walk to transportation, the Abbey, the Mall and the Tourist office located on Temple Street and The Lungy. The Yeats statue is located on Stephen Street (where it turns into Low Knox St) and Markievicz Road (is that an Irish name?).
The post office is down Low Knox Street less than a block away. from the statue.
Just pick up a map at the Tourist Office.
Fondest memory: They have traditional entertainment which is hard to find in other cities. I found the locals fun and friendly.
More Reviews (13)
Goner's Related Pages
Sligo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sligeach: Land of my Ancestors!"
- "Diamond of the West Country"
- "Sligo - In Yeats Country"
- "Sligo, My First Adventure!"
- "Sligo & Leitrim Page"
- "Sligo Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sligo
- Hotels in Sligo
- Transportation in Sligo
- Nightlife in Sligo
- Restaurants in Sligo
- Shopping in Sligo
- Warnings and Dangers in Sligo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sligo
- 14 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Sligo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sligo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 68 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 18 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 35 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 26 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues