"Verona" Verona by Goner
Verona Travel Guide: 1,763 reviews and 4,536 photos
Verona is in the Viento Region of Italy and and is the second largest city after Venice. It's a busy trading center and one of the most prosperous cities in northern Italy. The main attractions in Verona are the Roman arena and the colorful marketplace in Piazza Erbe. There are also several churches to see in Verona, the most important being the church of San Zeno Maggiore.
The Scaligeri family ruled Verona for 127 years which started in 1263. They were a ruthless lot and established their rule with an iron hand. They have left their legacy in the many ornate tombs in Castelvecchio, an impressive castle built between 1355 and 1375. Castelvecchio also houses fine art galleries.
There is much to see in Verona and my three-hour visit only touched the surface of this "Jewel of Italy". The photo shows the Adige River winding through the city.
- Pros:A Wonderful Surprise!
- Cons:Was Only There for Three Hours
- In a nutshell:A Special Italian City with So Much Charm
Do visit the inside of the arena, it looks larger than it does from the exterior. more travel advice
There are many little outdoor restaurants right across from the Roman Amphitheater. A great view with your lunch. more travel advice
Goner's Related Pages
Verona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Verona "my town""
- "Verona - The City of Balconies"
- "Architecture & dancingqueens reaching for the sky"
- "My Verona"
- "Operas in the Arena"
- "Verona, a living museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Verona
- Hotels in Verona
- Transportation in Verona
- Nightlife in Verona
- Restaurants in Verona
- Shopping in Verona
- Warnings and Dangers in Verona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Verona
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Verona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Verona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 68 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 18 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 35 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 26 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues