"Kenya Safari" Kenya by svillegirl

Kenya Travel Guide: 4,303 reviews and 11,695 photos

Asante! Thank you, the people of Kenya for sharing your beautiful country with me.

This was the single most incredible trip of my life. I dragged my long time client and friend Jen with me for this one! Since this was another "work" trip, it was short. <B><i>Micato Safaris </B></i>handeled our safari, and they were fantastic! It is no wonder the world's top cruise lines choose them.

Our trip started in Nairobi where we stayed at the Norfolk hotel, a grand hotel with a rich history. Day two took us to the Abadare mountains where we stayed at <B>The Ark. </B>

Then it was off to <B>Sambru</B> where I fell in love with the desert climate. At each location we had twice daily game drives. <B><i>Samburu Serena Lodge.</B></i>

Our next day was spent at the<B> Mt. Kenya Safari Club.</B> I would never stay for more than one night here. It is nice, but not my idea of a safari. Most people stop here for a little rest & relaxation.

Finally we were off to the <B>Masai Mara.</B> To say that I felt humbled would be an understatement. The people here were the most friendly, welcoming people I have ever met. The people there have been truly blessed!

We stayed at the <B>Mara Safari Club.</B> This is a luxury tented camp. I had a croc camped out right across the river from me. I found it interesting that they give the right of way to the hippos in the river!

This particular camp uses solar power to heat it's water. For the couple of days that I was here, I didn't have any hot water. I might recommend a camp that heats it's water by some other means.

While the cool showers didn't kill me, it's nice to wash the dust off with warm water!

I really enjoyed going to sleep at night to the sound of the hippos right out side my tent.

Oh....and be sure to zip your tent all-the-way! The tent next to us had a cute little snake in it.

<B><i>Micato Safaris is a luxury safari outfitter. They stand out of the pack largely impart to their fantastic service. If doing a private safari with them you can have additional game drives for no charge etc. But it is also the little touches: we came back to our tent each night with a little gift on our beds, they were very thoughtful! </B></i>

• Pros:The best thing about Kenya is it's people, friendly and warm.
  • Cons:None I can think of, I'd be there tomorrow if I could!
  • In a nutshell:If you don't feel alive here, you never will.
  • Last visit to Kenya: May 2000
  • Intro Updated Mar 6, 2003

svillegirl

“Kwa heri ya kounana.........(until next time...)”

Badges & Stats in Kenya