"Ras El Tur as I knew it" At Tur by budapest8
At Tur Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 20 photos
Tur pronounced TOUR is from
the ancient language Arameic means mountain
and the city is named after Jebel El Tur the
mountain where the Santa Katarina Monastry is.
Raithu was the old name when it was an important port.
I came here when the area was under Israeli control
and there were no Israeli settlers but various
IDF army bases and look out camps.
The beduin were there as they had been for
more than a thousand years.
There was some company drilling for oil offshore,
or rather looking for oil.
budapest8's Related Pages
At Tur Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in At Tur
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to At Tur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in At Tur
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 111 reviews, 291 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 150 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Wight Intro, 68 reviews, 109 photos
- Nagykata Intro, 52 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ulcinj Intro, 22 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hungary Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 6 travelogues
- Oostende Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Europe Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos
- Slindon Intro, 17 reviews, 55 photos
- Pecs Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues