"Growing peppars in the Negev Desert" `En Yahav by budapest8
`En Yahav Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Moshav En Yahav was where I spent 6 weeks working
with peppars under the burning desert sun from sunrise to sunset
everyday, 1 day off a week.
The farming methods used in the Arava by the
Moshavim are among the most advanced in the world.
The Moshav was established in the early '70's I think,
The government gave the settlers money to buy a house,
half a tractor, a car and agriculture equipment, they were tax free loans.
Already within 5 years the settlers who worked every hour
god gave during the season, were able to pay of the loans
and some could afford a second house in the North.
Because the moshav form retained the family as the center of social life and eschewed bold experiments with communal... more travel advice
budapest8's Related Pages
`En Yahav Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Growing peppars in the Negev Desert"
- "Moshav Ein Yahav, gateway to the Peace Route"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in `En Yahav
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to `En Yahav?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `En Yahav
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 111 reviews, 291 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 150 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Wight Intro, 68 reviews, 109 photos
- Nagykata Intro, 52 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ulcinj Intro, 22 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hungary Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 6 travelogues
- Oostende Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Europe Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos
- Slindon Intro, 17 reviews, 55 photos
- Pecs Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues