Karakol Favorite Tips by budapest8 Top 5 Page for this destination
Karakol Favorites: 2 reviews and 2 photos
My friend Nino with Yak herdsman in the mountains
eating caviar from a bucket
eating a typical 'Dungan' meal at at a Dungan
family. Chinese muslims who fled from China and settled
visiting small ethnic german villages.
Meeting a Russian hunter and his family,
he used to be dropped by helicopter in the
mountains. He would hunt mountain goat and
other animals. On the 3rd day he would light a fire at
a set time and the chopper would pick him up.
Meeting a proffesional Krygyz eagle trainer. He would
climb into the mountains and trap an eagle, then bring
it back and train it to hunt.
Helicopter to a plateau in the Tien Shan Mountains
travelling by army jeep up into the mountains
to see a herd of 400 yak, being invited to
a sheeps head dinner by the herdsmen.
visiting the market at 5am seeing the livestock.
Eating ploff with a Krygyz for breakfast.
Horseback ride up into the mountains
and forest reserve.
Renting a helicopter and flying over the glaciers
to a smal lsettlement with a thermal spring bath house.
More Reviews (3)
budapest8's Related Pages
Karakol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Living between the Tian-Shan and Issyk-Kul Lake"
- "Up to 3900m"
- "Kara-Kol or Karakol or Karakol' Make yer mind up"
- "Karakol - my second home"
- "More than just a staging area for the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karakol
- Hotels in Karakol
- Nightlife in Karakol
- Restaurants in Karakol
- Shopping in Karakol
- Warnings and Dangers in Karakol
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bartonsville Hotels
- Ayot Saint Lawrence Hotels
- Naubinway Hotels
- Sun Lakes State Park Hotels
- Nisos Kalamos
Badges & Stats in Karakol
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Karakol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karakol
Photos in KarakolSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 111 reviews, 291 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 150 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Wight Intro, 68 reviews, 109 photos
- Nagykata Intro, 52 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ulcinj Intro, 22 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hungary Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 6 travelogues
- Oostende Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Europe Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos
- Slindon Intro, 17 reviews, 55 photos
- Pecs Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues