"The Many Faces of Antarctica" Antarctica by tampa_shawn
Antarctica Travel Guide: 1,213 reviews and 2,916 photos
Antarctica is by far the most amazing place I have ever been. Nothing else I have seen or done even comes close.
I have come to the realization that pictures and words can in no way come close to describing the magnificence that is Antarctica. Maybe saying that "I have seen Heaven" or maybe "what God can create when He is at His very best" may come close.....
Imagine that your standing on the street in New York City, with skyscrapers all around you.... Then imagine you are on a boat, the "pavement" is a dark blue clear sea, penguins are flying below you (for penguins look like they are flying when they are swimming under the water).... they occasionally leap out of the water out of shear joy of being there (much like a dolphin). The "sky scrapers" towering overhead are clear blue, green, purple and white ice. They tower above you and constantly change shape and color as the boat moves along - that is Antarctica.
They call this little guy a Macaroni Penguin…because with his colorful feathers he’s just a tad overdressed for the party….
”Stuck a feather in cap and called it Macaroni…”
- Yanky Doodle Dandy (song)
The animals are not the least bit afraid of people. While you cannot approach them they can and will come right up and check you out!!
- Pros:EVERYTHING - this will be the best trip you'll ever take
- Cons:the price - most trips start at $8,000 NOT including air
- In a nutshell:Just do it!
The penguins make their nests on the first surface free of snow…sometimes these are on the top of mountains…over time... more travel advice
You'll need a waterproof outter layer on these things and remember to tuck your camera inside your clothes for the ride... more travel advice
tampa_shawn's Related Pages
Antarctica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- "cruising with the Bark Europa"
- "The White Continent"
- "Antarctica - the BIG Ice"
- "Antarctica, both filled and empty in the same view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antarctica
- Hotels in Antarctica
- Transportation in Antarctica
- Nightlife in Antarctica
- Restaurants in Antarctica
- Shopping in Antarctica
- Warnings and Dangers in Antarctica
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antarctica
- 9 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Antarctica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antarctica
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 189 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vietnam Intro, 49 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos
- Colombia Intro, 31 reviews, 105 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 22 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gainesville Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sa Pa Intro, 12 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarasota Intro, 56 reviews, 19 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 13 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues