"People are afraid to come here" Tengchong by alza

Tengchong Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 25 photos

it's their loss...

I'm not an expert on China, I'm not one of those "real travellers" who've seen it all. I went from Montreal to Kunming one day and lived there for some months, hardly even meeting an expat, just being there. I loved every minute of it.

Every morning, I would get up and look out my window and think "Oh thank you lord! I'm happy to be here!"

Anyway, I don't have time to deal with any negative bias on Yunnan. I only have time to say "Come and see for yourself, with open heart and eyes." If you don't feel the wonder of Yunnan, if it doesn't touch you, you must come back when you are ready for it...

• Intro Updated Sep 25, 2003

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2004 at 1:27 AM

I'm going to test that stone throwing theory next time I visit Kunming. I'l bring some lava rocks from the Tengchong volcanoes and see how many foreigners I can randomly pelt.

• hooiluangoh's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2003 at 11:46 PM

I see many foreigners in Kunming, around Yunnan university. It's like if you take a stone and throw it randomly, chances are it will hit a foreigner. There are many little cafes and restaurants in Wen Hua Xiang, and Wen Lin Jie, a good meeting place.

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2003 at 1:11 PM

Seems like I'll have to "go and see"... Dis-moi quand tu reviens la, mon amie ;-)

• Sep 29, 2003 at 2:48 AM

So many people scared of the unkown... unfortunately they dont know much which makes me all that much more scared. It is a vicious circle.

alza

“Voyage Voyage!”

Badges & Stats in Tengchong

Have you been to Tengchong?

Latest Activity in Tengchong