"One day, going back to Switzerland" Valle d'Aosta by alza
Valle d'Aosta Travel Guide: 173 reviews and 459 photos
I don't remember the details but one day, I was in Aosta. It was white and people spoke a language that sounded like French.
In buses, men sang mountain songs that reminded me of France but I could only pick up the feeling. Piedmont... this must have been French centuries ago...
the wine was good, the air was pure. I was happy.
I drove the Ferrari to Lausanne that night, turned too quickly and jumped over the autostrada. My friend said "God! we could have lost the car!" I said "Bof, we're alive aren't we?"
But the two guys we'd picked up hitchhiking never proposed to us once we reached Lausanne... they ran! haha, we'd have refused anyway!
On our first trip to Europe, my sister and I went skiing at Cervinia (Monte Rosa.) The bus went south from Lausanne, Switzerland, to Martigny, Aosta and St-Vincent.
We had to wait there for a connection to Breuil-Cervinia. We sat at a cafe, the sun was glaring so we tried to get our faces tanned.
I remember that a venerable gentleman came up to us and said "Signorine, prendi il sole senza gli occhiale."
We offered him an expresso, our Italian wasn't that good... It turned out he was an ophtalmologist and was advising us to remove our sunglasses. :-)
We had a nice lunch with him, he told us a lot about the Valley d'Aosta, the Resistance, Primo Levi.
I kept all this faithfully in the recesses of my heart. I didn't understand what it meant yet. Now I'm reading Primo Levi's biography and all those names comes rushing back...Amay, Dora valley, Col de Joux...
alza's Related Pages
Valle d'Aosta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VALLE D'AOSTA"
- "Val D'Aosta - Paradise for Nature Lovers"
- "Valley of Hidden Surprises"
- "Among the western Alps"
- "Mountains, green nature, snow and traditions!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valle d'Aosta
- Hotels in Valle d'Aosta
- Transportation in Valle d'Aosta
- Nightlife in Valle d'Aosta
- Restaurants in Valle d'Aosta
- Shopping in Valle d'Aosta
- Warnings and Dangers in Valle d'Aosta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valle d'Aosta
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Valle d'Aosta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valle d'Aosta
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Estado de Veracruz-Llave Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veracruz Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vatican City Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Slovenia Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (126)
Top Valle d'Aosta hotels
- Aosta Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 120 Photos
- Saint-Vincent Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Breuil-Cervinia Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 51 Photos
- Courmayeur Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 43 Photos
- Quart Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- La Thuile Hotels
- 11 Hotels
- Gressoney-Saint-Jean Hotels
- 14 Hotels
- Cogne Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 3 Photos
- Châtillon Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Champoluc Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Bard Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 8 Photos