"This is not my car" Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes by alza

Vannes Travel Guide: 161 reviews and 509 photos

Vannes is a nice old town

One year, I went to the Netherlands with my boyfriend and we drove all over the place. Wonderful. I didn't sleep much cuz he's hypocondriac and couldn't sleep so kept screaming out in the night "If I can't sleep, I may as well die. I'll never make it through tomorrow!"
Then he went back home to work and I went back to Bordeaux for a month's holiday.

My friend there said "where do you want to go?" I said "Brittany!" and off we went. But she's French and wasn't interested in the old things I liked... or in sitting at a café to watch people go by. Every time I sat down for a beer and a jambon sandwich, she'd fret that I would spoil my appetite for lunch.
There are hundreds of fascinating cemetaries all over Brittany, full of strange stone monuments. I caught a glimpse of every one of them as she sped through... then she said "Oh, did you want to stop here?!" So not many pics... haha. Stick to travelling on your own... I hate being rushed. :-)

The public place to wash clothes is my fondest memory of Vannes. A real old covered building, where you are transported back into the Middle Ages.

St-Pierre Cathedral is in the background. I miss France...

• Intro Written Aug 29, 2003

• Oct 5, 2003 at 11:34 AM

Wait until you loose the keys of your car... I can assure you you will go back regardless of how pretty the village townhall is.

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2003 at 12:08 AM

U seem to have problems with trains everywhere, LOL. I love your european adventures!!

• billus's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2003 at 9:36 PM

I miss the Middle Ages

• craic's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2003 at 10:41 AM

I gotta say I think you may be a complete nut. Or is it just that the people you know are nuts?

alza