"The Planet" alza's Profile
"O Boccadâze... a paxe antiga e a to tranquillitae."
(extract from a poem to Boccadasse by Edoardo Firpo)
Boccadasse is a mariners hamlet on the Ligurian Sea, minutes away from Genoa.
Today it is a witness to "un tempo che fu" -- maybe what Marcel Proust meant with his "In Search of Lost Time."
Firpo's poem to Boccadasse, in Zenese, the Ligurian dialect, sings of its ancient peace and tranquility.
Far away on the eastern horizon, the Monte di Portofino is visible behind a heavy cloud cover.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 359 Reviews
- 1,090 Photos
- 27 Countries
- 47 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What's your favorite pie?"
- Commented on daarth's profile page
- updated a Paris Travelogue "Ah! les beaux jours... Oh Happy Days!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ah! les beaux jours... Oh Happy Days!"
updated their Profile Page "The Planet"
- Wrote a Review Old St Pancras Parish Church in London Off The Beaten Path
- alza and hunterV are now friends.
- Commented on the Paris travel guide
- Uploaded a Video to Montreal
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Estado de Veracruz-Llave Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veracruz Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vatican City Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues