"The Planet" alza's Profile
"O Boccadâze... a paxe antiga e a to tranquillitae."
(extract from a poem to Boccadasse by Edoardo Firpo)
Boccadasse is a mariners hamlet on the Ligurian Sea, minutes away from Genoa.
Today it is a witness to "un tempo che fu" -- maybe what Marcel Proust meant with his "In Search of Lost Time."
Firpo's poem to Boccadasse, in Zenese, the Ligurian dialect, sings of its ancient peace and tranquility.
Far away on the eastern horizon, the Monte di Portofino is visible behind a heavy cloud cover.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 347 Reviews
- 1,007 Photos
- 27 Countries
- 45 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
- Posted in Travel Bar Harbor Forum "Re: How far is Bar Harbor from..."
- Commented on richiecdisc's profile page
- created a Rome Travelogue "Rome photos 3"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rome photos 3"
- Wrote a Review An old palazzo by St.Peter's Square in Rome Hotels
- Commented on the Boston travel guide
- alza and King_Golo are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "The Planet"
- Uploaded a Video to Montreal
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Estado de Veracruz-Llave Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veracruz Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vatican City Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues