"The Planet" alza's Profile
"O Boccadâze... a paxe antiga e a to tranquillitae."
(extract from a poem to Boccadasse by Edoardo Firpo)
Boccadasse is a mariners hamlet on the Ligurian Sea, minutes away from Genoa.
Today it is a witness to "un tempo che fu" -- maybe what Marcel Proust meant with his "In Search of Lost Time."
Firpo's poem to Boccadasse, in Zenese, the Ligurian dialect, sings of its ancient peace and tranquility.
Far away on the eastern horizon, the Monte di Portofino is visible behind a heavy cloud cover.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 344 Reviews
- 981 Photos
- 27 Countries
- 45 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Search and rescue effort..."
- Commented on alza's profile page
- alza and teevee are now friends.
- Commented on the Houston travel guide
- updated a Bavaria Travel Page "Bayern, Bavière, Bavaria"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The wonder of the unknown!"
- Wrote a Review Ye Olde Coin Guild House in Goslar Favorites
updated their Profile Page "The Planet"
- Uploaded a Video to Montreal
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Estado de Veracruz-Llave Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veracruz Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vatican City Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues