"The Planet" alza's Profile
Holly found on the grounds of the Youth Hostel in Salisbury, Wiltshire, England, May 2014. I had never seen holly in the wild before so I hope it *is* holly....
"O Boccadâze... a paxe antiga e a to tranquillitae."
(extract from a poem to Boccadasse by Edoardo Firpo)
Boccadasse is a mariners hamlet on the Ligurian Sea, minutes away from Genoa.
Today it is a witness to "un tempo che fu" -- maybe what Marcel Proust meant with his "In Search of Lost Time."
Firpo's poem to Boccadasse, in Zenese, the Ligurian dialect, sings of its ancient peace and tranquility.
Far away on the eastern horizon, the Monte di Portofino is visible behind a heavy cloud cover.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 356 Reviews
- 1,064 Photos
- 27 Countries
- 47 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
- Commented on alza's profile page
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Increase Ranking"
updated their Profile Page "The Planet"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Planet"
- alza and hunterV are now friends.
- Commented on the Paris travel guide
- Wrote a Review A spectrum of ingredients and culinary heritages about Ottolenghi Islington in London Restaurants
- updated a London Travelogue "Petite suite "Sculptures of the Parthenon""
- Uploaded a Video to Montreal
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Estado de Veracruz-Llave Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veracruz Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vatican City Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue