"The Planet" alza's Profile
"O Boccadâze... a paxe antiga e a to tranquillitae."
(extract from a poem to Boccadasse by Edoardo Firpo)
Boccadasse is a mariners hamlet on the Ligurian Sea, minutes away from Genoa.
Today it is a witness to "un tempo che fu" -- maybe what Marcel Proust meant with his "In Search of Lost Time."
Firpo's poem to Boccadasse, in Zenese, the Ligurian dialect, sings of its ancient peace and tranquility.
Far away on the eastern horizon, the Monte di Portofino is visible behind a heavy cloud cover.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 355 Reviews
- 1,047 Photos
- 27 Countries
- 47 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
- Commented on fairy_dust's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Off the beaten path vs..."
- updated a London Travelogue "Petite suite "Sculptures of the Parthenon""
- Uploaded a Photo to "Petite suite "Sculptures of the Parthenon""
- Wrote a Review Khorsabad (Northern Iraq), Palace of Sargon about British Museum in London Things to Do
- alza and EasyMalc are now friends.
- Commented on the Boston travel guide
updated their Profile Page "The Planet"
- Uploaded a Video to Montreal
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Estado de Veracruz-Llave Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veracruz Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vatican City Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues