"Port Angeles, Washington" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles by rids

Port Angeles Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 76 photos

<p>I have been in Port Angeles many times. When I lived in Victoria I used to come here to go camping in Olympic National Park. My first camping trip, without my parents, was when I was 16. I had my first car and my driver's license for about a week and I took off with my 13 year old brother for the rain forests of Olympic National Park. We stayed in every campsite, for 2 days each. We had been going camping every year since we were born, so we knew all about it, but I was surprised how well my little brother pitched a tent and got a fire going. Our favorite campsite was the Hoh Rainforest, and second was Lake Quinault. One night we ended up in a primitive campside (except that you could drive in with a car). It was so dark we absolutely could not see our hands in front of our faces. I guess the trees were so dense they blocked out even the stars. This was a first for even us seasoned campers.
Port Angeles is only 18 miles away across the water from Victoria. Now I usually pass through here to take the Coho Ferry to Victoria. This summer the ferry was full and we missed the late afternoon ferry by ONE car, so had to wait for 4 hours. Although I hated missing the ferry, we had time to walk around Port Angeles (in the rain), and discovered a great restaurant, Michael's, where we spent at least 3 hours.
The photo of the cormorants sculpture is near the waterfront park next to the ferry dock. These birds, to me, really represent the northwest Pacific Coast, even more than the ever-present seagulls.

• Intro Written Nov 5, 2001

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I have enjoyed your page. We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves in Olympia or Port Angeles when we visit the Olympic Penninsula in October.

• annk's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2002 at 7:21 AM

Happy Birthday Denyse! Enjoyed your camping stories.

rids

“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

Badges & Stats in Port Angeles

Have you been to Port Angeles?

Latest Activity in Port Angeles