"Port Angeles, Washington" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles by rids
Port Angeles Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 76 photos
<p>I have been in Port Angeles many times. When I lived in Victoria I used to come here to go camping in Olympic National Park. My first camping trip, without my parents, was when I was 16. I had my first car and my driver's license for about a week and I took off with my 13 year old brother for the rain forests of Olympic National Park. We stayed in every campsite, for 2 days each. We had been going camping every year since we were born, so we knew all about it, but I was surprised how well my little brother pitched a tent and got a fire going. Our favorite campsite was the Hoh Rainforest, and second was Lake Quinault. One night we ended up in a primitive campside (except that you could drive in with a car). It was so dark we absolutely could not see our hands in front of our faces. I guess the trees were so dense they blocked out even the stars. This was a first for even us seasoned campers.
Port Angeles is only 18 miles away across the water from Victoria. Now I usually pass through here to take the Coho Ferry to Victoria. This summer the ferry was full and we missed the late afternoon ferry by ONE car, so had to wait for 4 hours. Although I hated missing the ferry, we had time to walk around Port Angeles (in the rain), and discovered a great restaurant, Michael's, where we spent at least 3 hours.
The photo of the cormorants sculpture is near the waterfront park next to the ferry dock. These birds, to me, really represent the northwest Pacific Coast, even more than the ever-present seagulls.
Walk around town and look at all the public art. All public art is unique, don't you think? more travel advice
Sand sculptures Doubt if there are sand sculptures here all year, given the temporary nature of them, but you never... more travel advice
Written Nov 5, 2001
Written Nov 5, 2001
Walk About--Port Angeles
rids' Related Pages
Port Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Olympic National Park...and more"
- "Port Angeles, Washington"
- "Gateway to Olympic National Park"
- "At the Foot of the Olympics"
- "Port Angeles"
- "Gateway to the Olympics"
- "Cool town near the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Angeles
- Hotels in Port Angeles
- Transportation in Port Angeles
- Nightlife in Port Angeles
- Restaurants in Port Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Angeles
- 16 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Port Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Angeles
Photos in Port AngelesSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 17 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 12 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bulverde Intro, 14 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fort Worth Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mobile Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue