"Delta, Utah - Gateway to Great Basin National Park" Delta by rids
Delta Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 21 photos
Delta is the eastern gateway to one of the newest national parks, Great Basin National Park. Take Highway 50/6 (the Loneliest Road in America) west for 150 miles through scenic beauty very few have encountered. Along the way, in February and March large flocks of Snow Geese can be seen gathered at Sevier Dry Lake. Although shown on maps as a dry lake, the floods of 1983 left the lake as the second largest lake in Utah.
For the best information on area attractions, including Great Basin National Park, check this website: http://www.millardcounty.com/gbnpark.html
Photo is the Delta Chamber of Commerce, 80 N. 200 West, Delta
(800) 864-0345. Stop by and purchase, for a nominal price, some Trilobite pins. Trilobites are fossils from the Cambrian period (approx. 570 million years) found west of Delta.
- Pros:Flocks of migrating Snow Geese and National Park
- In a nutshell:Great for nature lovers.
There is a movie theatre next to the motel, so you can eat at the cafe and see a movie just by walking next door. more travel advice
Jade Garden Café Waitress, Kyla #6. She said her name badge says Kyla #6 because her parents just had to keep trying... more travel advice
rids' Related Pages
Delta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Delta, Utah - Gateway to Great Basin National Park"
- "Thriving Agricultural Desert Town Close to Fossils"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delta
- Hotels in Delta
- Transportation in Delta
- Restaurants in Delta
- Shopping in Delta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delta
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Delta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delta
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 17 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 12 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bulverde Intro, 14 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fort Worth Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mobile Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue