"Historic Baker City, Oregon" Baker City by rids
Baker City Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 27 photos
<p align=left>Stopped here for a short time and really regretted not being able to stay overnight. I loved the historic buildings, and there was even a county fair taking place near downtown--lots of farm animals and carnival rides. I am nostalgic for those small local fairs, that are so different from the large State fairs. Drove by it wistfully on the way out of town :-(
Gold was discovered in 1861, and by 1900 the "Queen City of the Mines" was larger than Boise and Spokane, with elegant hotels, an opera house and elaborate homes. <b><font color=darkblue>Take a look at some of the historic buildings in my <a href=http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.96867/article/22669/7/4/?s=E&lastp=1>
During eight decades in the 1800's the Oregon Trail served as a natural corridor as the United States moved from the... more travel advice
The old City Hall. It is a beautiful building. more travel advice
rids' Related Pages
Baker City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Motorcyle trip of a Lifetime!!! (Overview)"
- "Historic Baker City, Oregon"
- "Beautiful and historic Baker City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baker City
- Hotels in Baker City
- Nightlife in Baker City
- Restaurants in Baker City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Baker City
- 8 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Baker City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baker City
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 17 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 12 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bulverde Intro, 14 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fort Worth Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mobile Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue