"Artesia, New Mexico" Artesia by rids
Artesia Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 26 photos
<p>In 1903 when artesian wells were discovered in the area, the town was named "Artesia." Artesia became an agricultural oasis until the early 1920s when many of the area's artesian wells began to dwindle. Fortunately, in 1924 another kind of well was discovered when the Illinois #3 oil well came in, opening up the Artesia oil fields locally, and the Permian Basin regionally. Today, the population is 12,000, and the oil & gas industry continues to flourish in the Artesia area, along with farming, ranching, dairies, and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. This is the Chamber of Commerce <a href=http://www.artesiachamber.com/>website</a>.
<b><font color=darkblue>FFA stands for "Future Farmers of America."</b></font>
rids' Related Pages
Artesia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Artesia: Public Art Surprise in So. New Mexico"
- "Artesia, New Mexico"
- "Basaic Artesia Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Artesia
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Artesia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Artesia
Photos in ArtesiaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 17 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 12 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bulverde Intro, 14 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fort Worth Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mobile Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue