"Nile Valley and Red Sea" Egypt by hayward68

Egypt Travel Guide: 16,112 reviews and 41,014 photos

What can I tell you about Egypt? It was a fascinating, thrilling time for me, a dream come true. The people in my tour group were great and our tour leader just made our trip extra special. Despite some down times for me, like praying to the Egyptian god of sickness, the porcelain god, I will always remember the fun I had. My first ride on a camel, diving the Red Sea, learning to cross Cairo traffic, entering a pyramid and too many more to mention. I'm delighted I finally had the opportunity to discover this amazing country.
I travelled with tour company Imaginative Traveller Check out their website for the destinations they can take you to, I think they're a great company.

• Pros:More than I could put here
  • Cons:Pushy vendors, tummy bugs
  • In a nutshell:It's dusty, crowded, noisy...and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
  • Last visit to Egypt: Nov 2001
  • Intro Updated May 8, 2004

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Enjoyed reading about your Egyptian travels. Thanks for the tips, will keep them in mind for when I go.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Yep, September is a long wait - especially with snow after 30 degrees! You'll have to plan a weekend thing as an interim!

• deWilde's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 12:02 AM

What a wonderful tip! I hope to find your helpful guide if I ever go there and pray he has showered. Hope you had a fabulous birthday! What are you - 26 now? ;+)

• melissa_tian's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 9:45 AM

Never swim in the Nile!! There's always the danger of catching schistosomiasis!! We learnt about it in Medical Biology. The signs and symptoms are not immediate and it can be fatal...

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Excellent tips and some nice experiences it seems. It always seems that visitors get to see more than those who live in the country.

• schurlif's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2005 at 4:51 PM

Schmuck , btw , means jewelry in German , LOL ! Beauuuutifull pages , I was there just 3 months ago and want to go back , NOW !! What a mindblower this country is ! With all my pix still struggling with my own Egypt pages.. Your shisha or mine...? LOL !!

• TravelerM's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2005 at 10:23 PM

Thanks a lot for the help! I dig the trip you took with the ImaginativeTravel. Is the tour called Nile Valley & Red Sea?Looks like I need to cramp in a couple more days. I was hoping for 10 days only.

• cokes's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 2:33 PM

Lovely Page and Great Tips. Really enjoyed going through your tips.

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2004 at 2:37 PM

Really liked reading through your tips! I will be visiting Egypt soon, so they come handy. Thanks a lot! Obviously you were also there at Ramadan - how much did it affect you? Especially in seeing the temples and drinking (water or so) on the street?

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2004 at 3:24 AM

Nice Egypt page and I like the galabiya outfit, it fits you well ;-) GREETZ

hayward68

“I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away”

Badges & Stats in Egypt