"My Former HomeThe Canadian London!" London by hayward68

London Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 315 photos

I lived in this city for 10 years. Moved here to go to college and stayed to work when I graduated. I've so many memories from this place.

London is where I fell in love for the first time...and the second as a matter of fact. I made friends with people who will remain close friends forever.
The pic was actually taken my last night in London. I moved the next day. There was a party that night for all of us who had just been laid off from the TV station where we worked. These were some of my co-workers and friends.

To get you started here's a link to a website all about the city! <a href="http://london.page1.org/"target="_none">London</a>

Just like the original London, this city is on the Thames River. It’s street names also reflect the British heritage of the original settlers. It’s even got a Hyde Park. Originally picked as the future site of the capital of the province, that plan fell through, and the city was founded in 1826.
London, known as ““The Forest City”” because of the large number of parks and trees, is a fairly quiet university town. When the students are in town, you can tell and the population of the city just bursts..

Some of the best times to be in London are when the festivals are on. Like the Balloon Fest, the Big Band Festival, and my personal favourite, RibFest. That’s when chefs from the US and Canada descend on London to vie for the title of best ribs. You go down, pay a bit of money and have some of the best ribs you’ve ever eaten.
<font color=red>Sorry for the so few pics on this page. As you know, you tend to not take pics of the town you live in. I lived here before discovering VT!</font>

• Intro Written Sep 10, 2002

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Nice to see some tips from someone who used to live there, and knows so much more about the location.

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2008 at 2:38 PM

I've become interested in London since my son moved there. I will check out some of the sights when we visit in September.

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2007 at 4:32 PM

I have a friend here who used to live in London and she says that it is a nice city. Jasper and Chelsea are charming.

• Sibbella's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2007 at 6:24 PM

NOOOOOOO I didn't realize you were from London!! NO NO NO!!! I'm from Windsor... *sigh* now we can never be friends... hahahaha!!

• Travelorr's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2006 at 7:35 AM

lol ....sorry to break the news but wally world is now wal-MAr

• janika's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2004 at 9:20 AM

Huh Laura, London looks like a real good party place. I can't wait ti visit. Hopefully this year it'll happen. I am going to let y'all know when I do. Nice presentation. More pictures pls! :) Cheers......

• SiewHong's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2002 at 8:12 PM

Go out and get more pics, you may discover that you city is prettier than what you thought.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2002 at 8:43 AM

Very good info in some tips! Sounds an interesting place to visit!

• Jul 8, 2002 at 8:59 AM

Sigh, I sure miss London, and CFPL too!

• renuschka's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2002 at 8:16 PM

interesting

hayward68

“I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away”

Badges & Stats in London