"My Former HomeThe Canadian London!" London by hayward68
London Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 323 photos
I lived in this city for 10 years. Moved here to go to college and stayed to work when I graduated. I've so many memories from this place.
London is where I fell in love for the first time...and the second as a matter of fact. I made friends with people who will remain close friends forever.
The pic was actually taken my last night in London. I moved the next day. There was a party that night for all of us who had just been laid off from the TV station where we worked. These were some of my co-workers and friends.
To get you started here's a link to a website all about the city! <a href="http://london.page1.org/"target="_none">London</a>
Just like the original London, this city is on the Thames River. It’s street names also reflect the British heritage of the original settlers. It’s even got a Hyde Park. Originally picked as the future site of the capital of the province, that plan fell through, and the city was founded in 1826.
London, known as ““The Forest City”” because of the large number of parks and trees, is a fairly quiet university town. When the students are in town, you can tell and the population of the city just bursts..
Some of the best times to be in London are when the festivals are on. Like the Balloon Fest, the Big Band Festival, and my personal favourite, RibFest. That’s when chefs from the US and Canada descend on London to vie for the title of best ribs. You go down, pay a bit of money and have some of the best ribs you’ve ever eaten.
<font color=red>Sorry for the so few pics on this page. As you know, you tend to not take pics of the town you live in. I lived here before discovering VT!</font>
Like it's namesake, this is a covered market where all kinds of vendors sell their wares. I used to go down and buy... more travel advice
This is a British style pub/bar/restaurant. I used to spend so much time here. A few New Year's Eves as well. They've... more travel advice
hayward68's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LONDON, ONTARIO CANADA"
- "Our son's hometown"
- "London Ont - Halfway between Toronto and Windsor"
- "Home of the young"
- "My Former HomeThe Canadian London!"
- "mizgoldie's new London Page"
- "Truus Ontario page...we making a trip in sept 2001"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 24 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 73 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 70 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 52 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tulum Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue