Fort Lauderdale Things to Do Tips by hayward68
Fort Lauderdale Things to Do: 141 reviews and 264 photos
Bonnet House Grounds
See travelogue for more pics of the grounds.
I really needed to find internet access to email home and you can log on here for free for an hour. If it’s slow they might let you stay on longer. There are two different spots in the library, the 3rd and the 5th floors. Just go to the desk on the floor and sign up, you might have to wait, you might not. I only waited a couple of minutes.
Address: 100 S. Andrews Ave.
Other Contact: 954) 357-7444
<b>Old Fort Lauderdale
Museum of History</b>
The museum depicts the city’s history from Seminole era to recent times. There’s a model in the lobby that shows what old Fort Lauderdale used to look like. The museum has expanded to include the King-Cromartie House, the Historical Society’s research centre, and the New River Inn, home to the museum.
Address: 231 S.W. 2nd Ave
Other Contact: 954) 463-4431
<b>Gravity Clock at Museum of Discovery and Science</b>
This is located in the front entranceway of the museum. Even if you don't go in the museum, go and have a look at this!
<b>Museum of Discovery and Science</b>
This place shows the wonder of science to both children and adults in a very entertaining way. Be warned though, it looked like it was a popular place for school trips, check out how many school buses are outside before you decide if you should venture in or not! There’s also an IMAX movie theatre here if you want to catch a flick.
Address: 401 S.W. 2nd St.
Other Contact: 954-463-4629 Museum $6, IMAX $9
This is a really nice walkway along the north bank of the New River. It was very pleasant strolling along here in the warm Florida sunshine.
This mansion is situated in 35 acres right in the beach area. It was once the winter residence of Frederic and Evelyn Bartlett, two artists whose work can still be seen in the mansion. The estate was donated in 1983 to the Florida Trust for Historic Preservation by Evelyn Bartlett. You can take the guided tour of the house and a self guided tour of the grounds. One other thing of note, they tell you the tour is about one and one quarter hours...that depends on your guide. My tour lasted almost two and a half! Much too long for someone who hates being in a tour group. But you have to have a guide to go inside the house.
Directions: Located between the beach and the Intracoastal Waterway, just south of Sunrise Blvd at 900 North Birch Rd. Fort Lauderdale
Other Contact: (954) 563-5393 Admission is $9
You have to go to the beach in Fort Lauderdale. And there’s so much of it to choose from. Pick a spot and plant yourself for the afternoon with a good book and some beer, just hide it from the lifeguard ;) Or just walk for hours like I did admiring the scenery.
More Reviews (25)
- See All Louie Louie
- See All Don't miss the frisbee when...
- See All In case you didn't know,...
- See All
hayward68's Related Pages
Fort Lauderdale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Venice of America"
- "fort lauderdale"
- "Fort Lauderdale - Venice of America"
- "A MUCH needed break in the Sun"
- "Ft Lauderdale"
- "A LONG OVER DUE VISIT TO SEE AN OLD FRIEND"
- "Ft. Lauderdale, cruise port"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Lauderdale
- Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
- Transportation in Fort Lauderdale
- Nightlife in Fort Lauderdale
- Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
- Shopping in Fort Lauderdale
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Lauderdale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Lauderdale
- 33 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 113 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Fort Lauderdale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Lauderdale
Photos in Fort LauderdaleSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 70 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 52 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tulum Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (214)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Downtown- 12 Reviews, 10 Photos
- The Cruise Ship Terminal- 6 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Beach- 13 Reviews, 16 Photos
- The Riverwalk- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Biplane Ride- 2 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Las Olas Blvd- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- The Marina- 10 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Bonnet House- 5 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Air Boat Rides- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Blockbuster IMAX- 5 Reviews, 4 Photos
See All Fort Lauderdale Things to Do