"Brighton & the South Coast" Brighton by hayward68
Brighton Travel Guide: 929 reviews and 1,670 photos
<b>Brighton began as a small fishing village, but was "discovered" in the mid 1700's by the London crowd who came here for the supposed therapeutic benefits of sea bathing.
It's still a popular day outing for Londoners, being less than an hour away by train. Even my family used to spend the day here when I was little, and way back when my Mum was young.(I don't mean way, way back :-), Mum's not that old!!) I'm hoping to find some of those older pics to put on this page later.
I've been back to Brighton a couple of times since we moved to Canada and I really love it.
Here's a good site for attractions on the Sussex coast <a href="http://www.sussexcoast.co.uk/index.htm"target="_none">Sussex</a>
Be sure to visit the surrounding towns and countryside as well, they have charms all of their own.
I've added towns I visited in July 2001 to this page. They're all within fairly easy access of Brighton, so thought I'd put them in here.
Grab a chair along the seafront and relax. There are all kinds of deck chairs along the seafront that you could sit in... more travel advice
A network of twisting, narrow lanes and cobbled courtyards with interesting shops and wonderful pubs. Just wander... more travel advice
hayward68's Related Pages
Brighton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brighton Rocks !"
- "BRIGHTON - THE CITY THAT ATE HOVE"
- "London's naughty seaside retreat"
- "Brighton - The city by the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brighton
- Hotels in Brighton
- Transportation in Brighton
- Nightlife in Brighton
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Shopping in Brighton
- Warnings and Dangers in Brighton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brighton
- 28 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 76 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Brighton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brighton
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 70 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 52 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tulum Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue