"Brighton & the South Coast" Brighton by hayward68

Brighton Travel Guide: 903 reviews and 1,613 photos

<b>Brighton began as a small fishing village, but was "discovered" in the mid 1700's by the London crowd who came here for the supposed therapeutic benefits of sea bathing.
It's still a popular day outing for Londoners, being less than an hour away by train. Even my family used to spend the day here when I was little, and way back when my Mum was young.(I don't mean way, way back :-), Mum's not that old!!) I'm hoping to find some of those older pics to put on this page later.
I've been back to Brighton a couple of times since we moved to Canada and I really love it.

Here's a good site for attractions on the Sussex coast <a href="http://www.sussexcoast.co.uk/index.htm"target="_none">Sussex</a>
Be sure to visit the surrounding towns and countryside as well, they have charms all of their own.
I've added towns I visited in July 2001 to this page. They're all within fairly easy access of Brighton, so thought I'd put them in here.

• Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Nice memories, a very attractive place at least to have some fresh air!

• kris-t's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2006 at 12:35 PM

Love your UK pages - great pics and info. Hope to see more than just London some day! K&T

• amapola66's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2005 at 7:53 AM

he he hayward68, you have done more 'off the ebaten trck' visits than i have, and i live in brighton! thanks, now summer is here, i will be looking at your tips to give me ideas ; )

• vichatherly's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2003 at 8:50 AM

Excellent Brighton page. Glad to see you made it out to Leeds castle as well. Beautiful place, went there just recently.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2003 at 2:15 PM

I enjoyed this virual Trip..my New Brighton is a tiny bit different:-)) and has a Sandbeach, hehehehe excellent page Laura, tks for sharing

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2002 at 12:29 AM

Your tip on the lanes brought back memories! Brighton is a cool town! Awesome Page!

• prleprle's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2002 at 7:36 AM

Wonderful page. Would like to visit one day.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2002 at 3:20 PM

Looks like a wonderful area with lots to see & do.

• Eilian's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2002 at 8:04 AM

I miss the British Ice Cream!!!! Yummy!

• Jul 20, 2002 at 11:38 AM

looks fun!

hayward68

“I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away”

Badges & Stats in Brighton

Have you been to Brighton?

Latest Activity in Brighton