"Idyllic Islay" Top 5 Page for this destination Islay by hayward68
Islay Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 150 photos
'Queen of the Hebrides', Islay is famed for the peaty taste of its world famous whiskies: Lagavullin, Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Caol Isla, Bowmore and Bunnahabhain.
This beautiful, peaceful island is a two hour ferry ride from the mainland.
I was especially charmed by the cows lounging on the beach and taking dips in the water. Wish I'd been able to take a pic of it, but we were in the bus at the time
- Pros:Lots of whisky distilleries
- Cons:Lots of whisky distilleries
- In a nutshell:Whisky nights under moonlight skies
We had lots of time to kill before catching the ferry back to the mainland so we went walking towards a beach we could... more travel advice
If you're a whisky fan then you have to visit one. You get a tour of the distillery and usually free samples too. On... more travel advice
hayward68's Related Pages
Islay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ISLE OF WHISKY"
- "Just Back from Islay!"
- "Idyllic Islay"
- "Islay In May"
- "Islay, Scotland"
- "Islay Queen of the Inner Hebrides"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Islay
- Hotels in Islay
- Transportation in Islay
- Restaurants in Islay
- Shopping in Islay
- Warnings and Dangers in Islay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Islay
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Islay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Islay
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 70 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 52 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tulum Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue