"A Wee Scottish Village" Kilmartin by hayward68

Kilmartin Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 165 photos

So, Who's the Lassie?

After meeting a Scottish fella on the Isle of Mull I had the opportunity to visit the tiny village of Kilmartin which is where he lived. He'd given me directions to get there but said if I needed directions to ask in the local pub for "Colin the Piper", as everyone knew him. This should have been my first indication that everyone knew everyone else's business in this place. Luckily I found his house without much trouble but our first visit to his local pub had the place buzzing about the strange woman that Colin had brought in. We quickly became the talk of the village, which is the same thing that happened when we met on Mull, lol! I was back in the village on later visits and everyone knew who I was by then ;-)
So beware to befriending locals in small villages, unless you want everyone to know your business ;-)

• Pros:Lovely little village, ancient sites
  • Cons:Nosey locals ;-)
  • Last visit to Kilmartin: Dec 1999
  • Intro Written Sep 10, 2002

• LaineBelle's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2005 at 6:45 PM

Many Thanks for your comments. I am visiting in two weeks and these will help!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2003 at 3:05 PM

another interesting place in Scotland. I once saw these standing stones, it is really impressive how they have been placed there so plenty of centuries ago...

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2003 at 4:25 AM

nice page, i'm hopefully heading up to Oban again soon and plan to visit this area, looks like it will be worth it! :)

• jide08's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2003 at 2:06 AM

Nice place. The link in one of your tips got chopped.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2002 at 1:40 PM

Agile scrambler & scampi gobbler, that's our Hayward!

hayward68

“I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away”

Badges & Stats in Kilmartin

Have you been to Kilmartin?

Latest Activity in Kilmartin