Manchester Hotel Tips by hayward68
Manchester Hotels: 55,957 reviews and 185 photos
This hotel is fairly new and quite nice, the rooms are a decent size, double beds, interesting bathroom (it's almost round) and there is tea/coffee making facilities in the room, though no biscuits provided :-(
My big recommendation would be to ask for a room that's not facing Portland St as the noise level is very high. The windows do nothing to block out the sounds. I slept with earplugs for 3 nights before finally requesting a different room.
If you can't be guaranteed a room away from the street then I would not book a room here. I'm going to tell the hotel that, it's my only complaint but it's a big one.
Unique Qualities: There's a restaurant/bar in the main lobby and snacks are available 24hrs a day, which is nice, though not good for a low budget. There's a tv in the bar as well as some small couches where you can read the newspaper.
Address: 96 Portland St.
Comparison: about average
Directions: Near the corner of Princess and Portland St, beside the Novetel Hotel.
Phone: 0161 234 0600
Copperheads Hotel (pic is from their website)
My room was at a single room rate which was £40 a night including breakfast.
Unique Qualities: This place doesn't look like much from the outside but don't be put off. The rooms, all ensuite, are spacious and clean and the breakfast, included in room price, is very filling. I was lucky enough to get a double room for the price of a single as they had no single rooms left. The room had one double bed and one twin. Very comfortable beds I might add. Only problem I had was that there was no mirror within outlets reach for me to do my hair. I asked at the desk and they brought one up for me though.
The rooms come with tea making facilities and cookies in a basket.
No phone in room but there's one in the reception area.
You need to ring bell on front door to get into hotel till you are given your key.
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: 187-189 Chapel Street,
About a minutes walk from Salford Central Station, turn left after leaving station.
Other Contact: 0161 278 7000/7001
More Reviews (26)
- See All Peveril Castle
- See All Central Library
- See All Here's an old one!
- See All Another pic
- Shopping Heaven
hayward68's Related Pages
Manchester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ben-UK's Manchester page"
- "My Manchester"
- "Manchester - Full of Surprises"
- "Manchester - a versatile city"
- "Manchester and the Christmas Markets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manchester
- Hotels in Manchester
- Transportation in Manchester
- Nightlife in Manchester
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Shopping in Manchester
- Warnings and Dangers in Manchester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manchester
- 28 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 71 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Manchester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manchester
Photos in ManchesterSee All Photos (30)
Read real reviews about Manchester Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 70 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 52 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tulum Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (214)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Wheel- 14 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Chinatown- 20 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Granada Studios- 9 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Old Trafford- 33 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Museum of Science and Industry- 25 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Salford Quays Lowry- 24 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Castlefield- 16 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Imperial War Museum- 14 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Christmas Market- 23 Reviews, 81 Photos
- Town Hall- 20 Reviews, 43 Photos
See All Manchester Things to Do