"Salisbury Plain" Salisbury by hayward68

Salisbury Travel Guide: 278 reviews and 626 photos

Visiting Salisbury was on the intinerary of a driving tour which my friend Julie and I did in July of 2001. We started off at Gatwick Airport and headed for Stonehenge before finding Salisbury and a place to lay our heads.
After a few wrong turns we crested the hill near Stonehenge and proceeded to do what thousands have done before us...admire the monoliths which were erected many, many years ago.
Next was a tour of Old Sarum which is just outside Salisbury. We thoroughly enjoyed that and also stood on the outer embankments watching fighter jets streak through the skies over Salisbury Plain. Quite the contrast of old and new.
Salisbury, we later discovered, is a delightful town with cobbled pedestrian lanes, interesting shops and a gorgeous cathedral. Well worth the the time we spent there. We were glad we had chosen it as one of our rest spots along the tour.

• Last visit to Salisbury: Jul 2001
  • Intro Written Sep 22, 2002

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 1:29 AM

Great page - we enjoyed the Haunch as well :)))

• gutsylow's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 6:47 PM

F.Y.I. Any Village Town or hamlet with a Cathedral is automatically called a CITY!!!!!!!!!

• LouiseTopp's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 9:52 AM

I like the georgus blokes that ride it! (Har Har!)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2004 at 7:51 PM

I really enjoyed your Salisbury page! Have been by to see Stonehenge two or three times but I never knew that such delights awaited in Salisbury itself! Next time, I will have to make a special detour to see that 'Hand'!

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2003 at 9:08 PM

Darn I missed the "Haunch of Venison", looks like a good place to eat. It's Salisbury a great little town!

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2003 at 9:42 AM

I'll have to pop down here some weekend and see Stonehenge. The Cathedral looks great too. Nice page.

• Nov 18, 2002 at 7:01 PM

Yes, it is a delightful town!

hayward68

“I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away”

Badges & Stats in Salisbury

Have you been to Salisbury?

Latest Activity in Salisbury