"Snowdonia Splendour" Top 5 Page for this destination Snowdonia by hayward68

Snowdonia Travel Guide: 162 reviews and 542 photos

I visited Snowdonia with my friend, fellow VT'er Sandysmith and her charming husband Dave. As I was staying with them for 4 days and they knew how much I desired a visit to that region, Sandy and Dave kindly offered to take me there and even to pay for my accommodations whilst there. How nice is that?!!
We set off from West Kirby, where they live, stopping along the way in Conwy before eventually reaching Beddgelert which is where we would spend the night.
Our mission was to climb Mt Snowdon the following day, which also happened to be Sandy's 40th Birthday.
That was quite an adventure and you can read about it in the two travelogues.

• Pros:Stunning peaks and lush valleys
  • Cons:Fear of heights is not good
  • In a nutshell:A gorgeous area perfect for hiking and stretching those muscles
  • Last visit to Snowdonia: May 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 26, 2002

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Hi, Laura! Long time no see! Thanx for your pages!

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Hi Laura. I enjoyed reading your tips and travelogues on Snowdonia. We're planning to climb Snowden and some of the other mountains in the area in August.

• JulesH's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2005 at 4:11 PM

excellent pics and travelogues Laura. I I didn't get to see any of the summit views you did :( Nice Beddgelert facts...Rupert was set there? Wow...did not know that! Best way to get home? We hitchhiked back to Beddgelert :)

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 3:07 PM

What a great hike you had! Great, that you tell us the Legend of Gelert

• caffeine_induced78's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2003 at 4:30 PM

Great pics. It looks like beautiful country.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2003 at 2:24 PM

still enjoy looking at this, now i can see the right path maybe i will do it agian ;-)

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2002 at 6:29 PM

Only hayward could get a sunburn in Scotland..er, Wales...Oh, anywhere in the UK. ;>

• Nov 2, 2002 at 4:17 AM

Great page, lovely photos. Really beautiful :-)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2002 at 9:55 AM

FANTASTIC page: great views, I like the pics of wild goats and sheep on the road, sth for me to loose some fat haha, when I come to UK I'm going to follow your route, thanks for sharing!

hayward68

“I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away”

Badges & Stats in Snowdonia

Have you been to Snowdonia?

Latest Activity in Snowdonia