"Snowdonia Splendour" Top 5 Page for this destination Snowdonia by hayward68
Snowdonia Travel Guide: 162 reviews and 542 photos
I visited Snowdonia with my friend, fellow VT'er Sandysmith and her charming husband Dave. As I was staying with them for 4 days and they knew how much I desired a visit to that region, Sandy and Dave kindly offered to take me there and even to pay for my accommodations whilst there. How nice is that?!!
We set off from West Kirby, where they live, stopping along the way in Conwy before eventually reaching Beddgelert which is where we would spend the night.
Our mission was to climb Mt Snowdon the following day, which also happened to be Sandy's 40th Birthday.
That was quite an adventure and you can read about it in the two travelogues.
- Pros:Stunning peaks and lush valleys
- Cons:Fear of heights is not good
- In a nutshell:A gorgeous area perfect for hiking and stretching those muscles
A small knapsack or rucksack is essential when hiking Mt Snowdon as you should pack supplies with you such as water and... more travel advice
Hike Mt Snowdon, the highest peak in England and Wales, and enjoy a specatular view over the surrounding countryside.... more travel advice
Written Jan 14, 2004
Have I Mentioned I'm Afraid of Heights??
Written Sep 26, 2002
hayward68's Related Pages
Snowdonia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Snowdonia National Park"
- "Snowdonia's Splendid Scenery"
- "Snowdonia Splendour"
- "SNOWDON CLIMB"
- "Buzzards shriek............."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Snowdonia
- Hotels in Snowdonia
- Transportation in Snowdonia
- Nightlife in Snowdonia
- Restaurants in Snowdonia
- Shopping in Snowdonia
- Warnings and Dangers in Snowdonia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Snowdonia
- 11 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Snowdonia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Snowdonia
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 70 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 52 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tulum Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue