"At the Base of Kilimanjaro" Top 5 Page for this destination Moshi by hayward68
Moshi Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 107 photos
Moshi is a town with a population of approximately 150, 000 and is the best place to base yourself if preparing for a climb of Kilimanjaro.
It's in the middle of a major coffee growing area and has the wonderful advantage of the amazing view of Mt Kilimanjaro. The mountain is usually covered in a layer of clouds but early in the morning and around dusk the clouds will disappear and the imposing sight of Kilimanjaro appears.
- Pros:Best base for Kilimanjaro, good food, supplies available
- Cons:Pesky touts
I took the Raqib bus from Moshi, Tanzania to Mombasa. The Raqib starts, I believe, in Arusha and picks up at various... more travel advice
The Coffee Shop was one of my favourite places to hang out in Moshi. There's a great garden courtyard in the back with... more travel advice
hayward68's Related Pages
Moshi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Moshi...in the shadow of Kilimanjaro"
- "At the Base of Kilimanjaro"
- "Moshi - The hustle and bustle at the base of Kili"
- "Moshi in Motion"
- "Moshi, A quiet town below a stunning Volcano"
- "Moshi, in the Shadow of Kilimanjaro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moshi
- Hotels in Moshi
- Transportation in Moshi
- Nightlife in Moshi
- Restaurants in Moshi
- Shopping in Moshi
- Warnings and Dangers in Moshi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moshi
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Moshi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moshi
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 70 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 52 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 23 reviews, 64 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tulum Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue