"GRAVENSTEIN APPLE FAIR" Sebastopol by JeanCooke
Sebastopol Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 9 photos
Designed around old time family fun, every August Ragle Ranch Park hosts the Gravenstein Apple Fair. Reflecting eclectic Sonoma Valley history from conservative right spectrum to leftist throwback hippies, church ladies mingle peacefully amid tie-dyed graying long hairs. Musical entertainment from Elvis impersonators to Queen Ida and her Cajun tunes waft on the air along with apple pies, frying apple fritters and barn yard animals.
Refresh yourself under mist in the mist tent. Sample foods at local apple growers displays. Enjoy craft vendors, landscape painters, and ethnic food booths. Listen as story tellers weave their majical tales.
Join in or watch with amazement and disgust as contestants gorge themselves for top prize in the applesauce eating, apple juice drinking or apple pie eating contests. One winner attributed his amazing ability to lots of practice swilling drinks on weekends.
The process and abuse of battering apples! Watch as a church lady precisely cuts apple slices, slowly batters each... more travel advice
Visit the barnyard animals. Pictured is an angora goat that looks like a sheep. more travel advice
JeanCooke's Related Pages
Sebastopol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gravenstein Apple Town"
- "GRAVENSTEIN APPLE FAIR"
- "Formerly sleepy, now trendy, Sebastopol"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sebastopol
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Sebastopol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sebastopol
Photos in SebastopolSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Nepal Intro, 19 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Slovenia Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Big Sur Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaluma Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bridgeport Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belmopan Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize City Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos