"Sharrie's Kunming Eternal Spring" Top 5 Page for this destination Kunming by Sharrie

Kunming Travel Guide: 607 reviews and 1,435 photos

After last month's trip (Nov. 2001) to Guilin & Yangshuo, I must say it's tough to have another climax. Kunming was a city I longed to visit after checking out my colleague's Chris' photos from his golf trip. (You can have an idea how beautiful the golf course is from the General category & yes, those are Chris' pictures. I didn't visit the golf resort, but thought them a waste if I don't include them in this page. Many of those I know actually went to Kunming only for golfing. That's how beautiful it is!)

Upon arrival in Kunming, I then realised how big the city is. Traffic is bad in this city as well. It was a cold afternoon & after having checked in at the hotel, I went out for a walk. It's a strange feeling... people are not as friendly as those of Guilin & yet not as sophisticated as those of Shanghai. I didn't know what to make out of this city. But, I know I like it less than Guilin & Shanghai. However, I also knew that from experiences, a place normally became more endearing as one get used to the new environment. Kunming is one such place.

Web Resources
Area Code: 871
Yellow Pages: ChinaBig.com
Newspaper: China Daily

• Last visit to Kunming: Dec 2001
  • Intro Updated Mar 17, 2004

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Hi lovely pic of the Shi Lin - i was there in 1997 - bus crashed on the way! but made it - lovely to see your photos as usual. So many beautiful places in China to think about!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2008 at 7:02 AM

eternal spring seems a wonderful place. Nice useful tips on Toibet. I am back from norway and going to Budapest soon. Hope things are well for you.

• atobol's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2005 at 11:45 PM

those places shutting down more and more. Bad meet...unfortunately.

• Bluereptile's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2005 at 2:55 PM

beautiful stone forest pix. Tasty looking food from kebabs to internal organs to insects. Best of all, reptiles. I'll have to prey on this forest to feed my hunger

• A2002's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2005 at 5:38 PM

Hi Sharrie, nice page on Kunming. I cannot imagine having those maggots and bees in my mouth! The kebab sounds more welcoming :).

• Waxbag's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 8:21 AM

The Stone Forest looks incredible. Your photos are really nice.

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2004 at 2:59 AM

I feel great pity for the Stone Forest. For thousands of years it has inspired artists and emperors yet today if fails to get mentioned on Sharrie's home page list of China's natural wonders. So sad...I want to cry...

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2004 at 1:39 PM

Excellent page on all accounts! Very useful to me as I am going there end of May! I can't wait for my first appetizer of maggots and bees!!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 6:55 PM

Hi Sharrie - Stone Forest - indeed one of the wonders in China - great photos. Luc

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2003 at 3:56 PM

Sharrie on a squatter? Perhaps I should have been born a Yunan. And yes, sometimes it if often hard to clmax if you have had too many close together. ;>

Badges & Stats in Kunming

Have you been to Kunming?

Latest Activity in Kunming