"Sharrie's Leshan Grand Buddha" Top 5 Page for this destination Leshan by Sharrie

Leshan Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 309 photos

The city of Leshan is about 1+ hours from Chengdu. I took the local bus & it was really crowded. There was no fixed schedule as well. As soon as it's full, it leaves. But, there are many buses, about 10-15 mins interval.

The Grand Buddha is quite a sight though you've to tag along huge crowds to get to see it. In my opinion, it's still worth the hassle. Afterall, it's the largest stone Buddha in the world carved over a period of 90 years (731-803AD).

Total Height = 71 m.
Head = 14.7 m.
Shoulder = 28 m.

• Last visit to Leshan: Apr 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 21, 2002

• y_lyn's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2009 at 5:44 AM

Hi Sharrie, I will be in Leshan in 2 weeks' time! Chance upon yr site as I am doing a bit of research on Chengdu... very informative. :) Lyn

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Looks like I'm not the only one with some unfinished business. ;) And yes, I should get to China. Can I camp?

• tpal's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2007 at 8:21 AM

Hi Sharrie, We are planning to visit China next fall and this may be one of our stops. Your page is very helpful. Planning is just begun and I have many transportation concerns but I enjoy the process. Thanks for the tour...Tom

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2004 at 7:00 PM

Although it is still under construction, I want you to know that this is already a very interesting, descriptive few pages on a place I knew nothing about. I found it very worthwhile.

• joks's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2003 at 8:16 PM

hey I am the first one to comment on this terrific page! Can't believe it! : )

Sharrie

“Feed that hunger, hike that mountain!”

Badges & Stats in Leshan