"Sharrie's Leshan Grand Buddha" Top 5 Page for this destination Leshan by Sharrie
Leshan Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 293 photos
The city of Leshan is about 1+ hours from Chengdu. I took the local bus & it was really crowded. There was no fixed schedule as well. As soon as it's full, it leaves. But, there are many buses, about 10-15 mins interval.
The Grand Buddha is quite a sight though you've to tag along huge crowds to get to see it. In my opinion, it's still worth the hassle. Afterall, it's the largest stone Buddha in the world carved over a period of 90 years (731-803AD).
Total Height = 71 m.
Head = 14.7 m.
Shoulder = 28 m.
A marvel to behold! An amazing feat by any standard! This statue was carved out of a mountain & deems to be the largest... more travel advice
Sharrie's Related Pages
Leshan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "World's biggest Buddha"
- "Beyond the Big Buddha"
- "Sharrie's Leshan Grand Buddha"
- "A city with great buddha and local snacks"
- "Le Shan Giant Buddha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leshan
- Hotels in Leshan
- Transportation in Leshan
- Restaurants in Leshan
- Warnings and Dangers in Leshan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leshan
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Leshan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leshan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues