"Sharrie's Xigaze Holiness" Xigaze by Sharrie
Xigaze Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 193 photos
XIGAZE is the 2nd largest city in Tibet. It's the highest city I've been to. At an altitude of 3900 metres above sea level (that's m. not ft.), the city also boasts the "highest" hotel at the roof of the world. Well, one has to contend with altitude sickness sleeping at the top of the world! For me, it means headaches for 2 nights. I did sleep but it was a peculiar feeling. To know that I was having headache for an entire night. It was a new experience which I do not care to repeat, at least not in the very near future. But the sights are worth all the discomforts. I've been to many awesome & beautiful places & yet this is something which I would not want to miss & am v. glad I came this way :)
Sharrie's Related Pages
Xigaze Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shigatse - home of the Tashilhunpo Monastery"
- "Xigaze, the Panchen Lama residence"
- "XIGAZE OR SHIGATSE - EITHER WAY, GASUNHEIT!"
- "Sharrie's Xigaze Holiness"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xigaze
- Hotels in Xigaze
- Transportation in Xigaze
- Restaurants in Xigaze
- Shopping in Xigaze
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xigaze
- 42 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Xigaze?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xigaze
Photos in XigazeSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues