"Sharrie's Egypt Enchantment" Egypt by Sharrie
Egypt Travel Guide: 16,145 reviews and 41,337 photos
Yeah! Hooray! I've finally arrived!!!
EGYPT - the ancient civilization which I've seen (on TV) & read so much about. A civilization that's as powerful & as enticing as China's. Thanks to Hollywood & Liz Taylor, I've long had this image of Cleopatra & the elaborate sets that made up Egypt! It's one of those things in life where you'd carry a larger than life picture of the unreachable destination & unphantomable lifestyle...
Egypt is in Africa, a continent that as a single traveler, deemed to be unsafe. But, in 1998, the cartoon movie 'Prince of Egypt' impressed me so much with its many beautiful scenes & passionate songs; all this built up to a crescendo! I simply have to visit this foreign land soon, very soon... (counting the days & nights :-))
After having been to the Grand Canyon (so far, my most favorite wonder), Niagara Falls, Borobudur Temple, Pisa Tower; Egypt where the Sphinx & Great Pyramids are located naturally were on my list my next destination.
And, am I glad that I came. It was GREAT! Not so much the Sphinx itself but rather the civilization that built it. More than 4000 years ago (40 is way too long for me to phantom as it is...) with no machinery. Those people were actually building them manually. Imagine that!!!!!
Facts about Egypt
Area: 1,001,450 sq km.
Population: 68.36 million.
National Holiday: Anniversary of Revolution, Jul. 23 (1952).
GDP Per Capita (PPP): US$5800.
Currency: Egyptian Pound = 100 piasters.
National Anthem: BILADI
Country Code: 20
Yellow Pages: EgyptYellow Pages.com.eg
Newspaper: Middle East Times
CIA World Factbook: Year 2009
Online Travel Guide: WorldTravelGuide.Net
Online World Guide: LonelyPlanet.com
Map: Lonely Planet Map
Stand next to the COLOSSI OF MEMNON (16.6 m high) & reevaluate your own greatness! Ha, ha, ha... Just joking! Anyway,... more travel advice
Take a close look of the HYPOSTYLE HALL (IN KARNAK): It was here that the coronation ceremonies were held. The far wall... more travel advice
Sharrie's Related Pages
Egypt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EGYPT - DECODING THE PAST"
- "Egypt- "Welcome to Egypt, Where's my tip? ""
- "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- "Another point of view on history of Egypt"
- "Paul2001's Egypt Page"
- "Nile Cruise- experience the Pharaonic times &Sharm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egypt
- Hotels in Egypt
- Transportation in Egypt
- Nightlife in Egypt
- Restaurants in Egypt
- Shopping in Egypt
- Warnings and Dangers in Egypt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Egypt
- 100 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Egypt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egypt
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues