"Sharrie's Toronto Home" Toronto by Sharrie

Toronto Travel Guide: 4,309 reviews and 8,890 photos

It's freezzzingggly cold ( -25°C) in the Winter but BEAUTIFUL & LOVELY in the Summer & Autumn. A city fit for the king (best place to live in {for the warmer half the year anyway; ideally spending the other half traveling around the world!})

OK, the story goes like this - I had my undergrad studies at the impressive U. of T. (of course I'm biased! No doubt about it!) and those were the good old days... It was so good I'm considering going back to school again! :-)

TORONTO has developed into a dynamic city where major business and cultural events are held (perhaps Olympics in 2008?!) and businesses have been booming (just look at the stock index; at times it even surpassed the Dow!). What could be better than this?

Being one of the safest city in North America has attracted many Asian to migrate to this wonderful city. Consequently, one gets very very good Cantonese and Vietnamese cuisines here(even better than those of Hong Kong, & at a very reasonable price). The Italians have also contributed their talents and set up many fine restaurants in North York. Sushi, sashimi & tempura are fresh and economical! Yum... Yum... Yummy!

Facts about Ontario
Population: 9,916,400.
Area: 1,068,580 sq km.
Capital & Largest City: Toronto (pop. 650,000, Greater Toronto pop. 4,100,000).
Origin of Name: From the Iroquoian word Skanadario meaning beautiful lake or sparkling waters.
Motto: Ut Incepit Fidelis Sic Permanet (Loyal it began, loyal it remains).
Info: Ontario Travel Info: Ministry of Culture, Tourism & Recreation.
Queen's Park, Toronto, Ont. M7A 2E5.
Tel: (1800) Ontario (668 2746); (416) 314 0944.

Web Resources
Area Code: 416 & 905
Yellow Pages: YellowPages.ca
Newspaper: Toronto Star

• Last visit to Toronto: Dec 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 18, 2009

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2008 at 11:23 PM

I wish I could experience Toronto in the summer, very good info. I must go back to Canada!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2008 at 9:09 AM

I have been o Monreal and Vancouver but have never been to Toronto. 5 must come here sometime.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 3:46 AM

Never saw the university. Next time, maybe.

• Feb 13, 2004 at 7:58 PM

you're right about the cold.. i hate it too!

• wreckloose's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2004 at 7:42 PM

amazing page. i agree with a lot of the restaurants you suggested, most notably congee wong and the dragon dynasty. i love reading about how people love this city. makes me even more proud to live here.

• epicult's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2003 at 3:21 PM

How was Monday's 'bird' with Stevie and Marie? Sorry I couldn't make it. Where did you end up going? Cheers!

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2003 at 2:22 AM

Great Toronto page :) I'm hoping to go back next year so will have to bear your page in mind when I'm planning!

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2003 at 10:10 PM

Super job on Toronto, Sharrie. Great photos, too. I've noted some restaurants to try out ~ now if only we could get rid of this snow. :-)

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2003 at 9:56 AM

xclent account of a nice n safe city that we visited last summer. nice pics from ur school days.

• L-A's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2002 at 10:30 AM

I also went to U of T and am proud of it. Your photos make me homesick - I live in Ottawa now...

Sharrie Used To Live Here!

Sharrie

“Feed that hunger, hike that mountain!”

Badges & Stats in Toronto

Have you been to Toronto?

Latest Activity in Toronto