"Sharrie's Zion Monumental Brush" Zion National Park by Sharrie
Zion National Park Travel Guide: 572 reviews and 1,226 photos
Canyons, Canyons, Canyons! If you've visited most of my American travel pages, you'd know this is where my soft spot lies. The canyons' grandeur & beauty inspire feelings of awe, reverence & peace everytime I visited them. These are emotions that are almost impossible to describe & one has to feel it within herself/himself. It's like being in touch with your soul & all things seem possible in that instant. At that moment, I can contemplate my self as a person in relation to the totality known as the universe; feeling lucky to be alive & grateful to be here on earth! PROVIDENCE is the only word I can think of!
The canyons also reflect their individual moods at different time & locations. Just like humans, sometimes they inspire, at other time they relax, renew & create.
ZION, Bryce Canyon & Capitol Reef are all part of an extraordinary landscape that extends east into Colorado & south to the Grand Canyon (this is a must for all travelers to the United States!) of the Colorado in northern Arizona. My favorite of them all is the Grand Canyon! At the Zion Canyon, geologic forces create spectacular walls, slopes & stairways. The sedimentary rocks that form the walls & slopes seemed to have been painted by some monumental brush with a variety of pastel shades of yellow, green, red & purple. This in turn creates the variety of moods & vistas so unique that you'd only appreciate them if you see them with your own eyes!
Facts about Zion Canyon
Established on Nov. 19, 1919.
No. of Visitors: 2.5 million p.a.
When to go: Open all year, main season - March to October.
Facts about Utah
Area: 84,899 sq mi.
Capital & Largest City: Salt Lake City (pop. 1,065,000).
Origin of Name: From eutaw, the Navajo name for a Shoshoni tribe that lived in the mountain.
Info: Utah Travel Council.
Council Hall, Capitol Hill, Salt Lake City, UT 84114.
Tel: (801) 538 1030.
Country Code: 1
Yellow Pages: YellowPages.com
Newspaper: USA Today
From the KOLOB CANYONS Visitor Center, follow the trail to Kolob Canyons Viewpoint & you'll be welcome by Timber Top... more travel advice
Sharrie's Related Pages
Zion National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Zion National Park Page"
- "Getting High in Zion"
- "Zion National Park, One of My Favorites"
- "Fall Colours and Waterfalls at Zion NP"
- "Zion National Park"
- "Zion, such a wonderful place"
- "Zion National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zion National Park
- Hotels in Zion National Park
- Transportation in Zion National Park
- Nightlife in Zion National Park
- Restaurants in Zion National Park
- Shopping in Zion National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Zion National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zion National Park
- 25 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Zion National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zion National Park
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: How would you split these up..."
- created a Zion National Park Travel Page "Sharrie's Zion Monumental Brush"
- Wrote a Review KOLOB CANYONS in Zion National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Utah Picture Stone"
- Commented on one of smoox's Zion National Park travel pages
Photos in Zion National ParkSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues