"Sharrie's New York City Empire" New York City by Sharrie
New York City Travel Guide: 15,925 reviews and 32,024 photos
NEW YORK CITY! Thrilling, breathtaking, impressive, dynamic & invigorating energetic! You have got to be there to feel the flow & pulse of this unsurpassed city in United States of America. THIS IS the CAPITAL of the world!
Landmarks... they are everywhere in New York City. Lots to do & see and this is where the rich and famous live. Life here is most probably unrivalled anywhere in the world with the zillion things to do & experience. Museums, theatres, financial dealings and wheelings providing the city dwellers lots of entertainment and sensations. Would I like to live here? Probably, probably not... Who knows, depending on my financial status, I guess. But, this is definitely a city to at least visit once in your lifetime & if you are a night owl, all the better!
This is my 2nd visit to the Big Apple. My 1st visit was so long ago that I've to hypnotize myself to remember what it was like then ;-). Most of the places of interest were visited then (such as the United Nations Headquarter, Wall Street, Rockefeller Center, etc...). Other than a fuzzy memory, I came to New York like a new kid on the block; a little apprehensive, anticipating & agog. The 18 hours spent here are certainly refreshing & memorable! Thank you, Kristara :)
Facts about New York
Population: 17.63 m.
Area: 49,108 sq. mi.
Capital: Albany (pop. 850,800).
Largest City: New York (pop. 8.57 m).
Motto: Excelsior (Ever Upward).
Origin of Name: For the duke of York, after the British captured the area from the Dutch.
New York Sate Department of Economic Development - Division of Tourism.
1 Commerce Plaza.
Albany, NY 12245.
Tel: (518) 474 4116.
Facts about NYC
Largest Stock Exchange in the world: NYSE.
Largest International Governmental Organization in the world: The United Nations.
Largest train station and main concourse in the world: Grand Central Terminal.
Country Code: 1
Yellow Pages: YellowPages.com
Newspaper: USA Today
NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE: World's biggest! This is the true "Wheel of Fortune" ;-) more travel advice
I love architecture. So this is one museum I'd naturally go for. THE GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM is Frank Lloyd Wright's... more travel advice
Sharrie's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 16 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: How would you split these up..."
- updated a New York City Travel Page "Sharrie's New York City Empire"
- Commented on one of Geisha_Girl's New York City travel pages
- Wrote a Review Must See about City Tours - CityPass in New York City Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "NASDAQ"
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues