"Sharrie's New York City Empire" New York City by Sharrie

New York City Travel Guide: 15,726 reviews and 31,518 photos

NEW YORK CITY! Thrilling, breathtaking, impressive, dynamic & invigorating energetic! You have got to be there to feel the flow & pulse of this unsurpassed city in United States of America. THIS IS the CAPITAL of the world!

Landmarks... they are everywhere in New York City. Lots to do & see and this is where the rich and famous live. Life here is most probably unrivalled anywhere in the world with the zillion things to do & experience. Museums, theatres, financial dealings and wheelings providing the city dwellers lots of entertainment and sensations. Would I like to live here? Probably, probably not... Who knows, depending on my financial status, I guess. But, this is definitely a city to at least visit once in your lifetime & if you are a night owl, all the better!

This is my 2nd visit to the Big Apple. My 1st visit was so long ago that I've to hypnotize myself to remember what it was like then ;-). Most of the places of interest were visited then (such as the United Nations Headquarter, Wall Street, Rockefeller Center, etc...). Other than a fuzzy memory, I came to New York like a new kid on the block; a little apprehensive, anticipating & agog. The 18 hours spent here are certainly refreshing & memorable! Thank you, Kristara :)

Facts about New York
Population: 17.63 m.
Area: 49,108 sq. mi.
Capital: Albany (pop. 850,800).
Largest City: New York (pop. 8.57 m).
Motto: Excelsior (Ever Upward).
Origin of Name: For the duke of York, after the British captured the area from the Dutch.
Info:
New York Sate Department of Economic Development - Division of Tourism.
1 Commerce Plaza.
Albany, NY 12245.
Tel: (518) 474 4116.

Facts about NYC
Largest Stock Exchange in the world: NYSE.
Largest International Governmental Organization in the world: The United Nations.
Largest train station and main concourse in the world: Grand Central Terminal.

Web Resources
Country Code: 1
Yellow Pages: YellowPages.com
Newspaper: USA Today

• Last visit to New York City: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2004

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2004 at 11:35 PM

Amazing, how people who visit are so enthralled with NYC. I lived there and never liked it...Maybe I have to go back as a tourist. BTW, a small correction: Newark Airport is in New Jersey.

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2003 at 1:25 AM

nice pictures!! hopefully I'll get to go here this year :)

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2003 at 8:20 PM

Yes, my recent trip to NYC was sort of like yours here. You saw masterpieces such as Picasso, Van Gogh, Chagall..I saw "masterpieces" such as Ryan, Adam, Tom. THRILLING and BREATHTAKING!! ;-> Yes, I met Janet and we're taking over IBIZA next !

• May 25, 2003 at 7:42 AM

Great pics of the NY skyline, and also great informaion. I wish I someday can visit NYC

• Alphons's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2003 at 8:33 PM

very nice page with a lot of good info and pics, brings back memories, greetings Alphons...

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2003 at 1:14 AM

Just got back from NYC and It had greattime there...

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2003 at 7:01 AM

very helpful NYC page. I like the night-time shots from Empire State - I never got to see those views by night. Good museum tips as well.

• RJ1967's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2003 at 11:37 PM

Nice night time pics!

• KaiM's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2002 at 4:26 AM

The city that never sleeps. The night view from Emp.St.Bld. i

• spartan's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2002 at 9:53 PM

Great page, brings back wonderful memories.

Badges & Stats in New York City

Have you been to New York City?

Latest Activity in New York City