"Sharrie's Valley of Fire Wilderness" Valley of Fire State Park by Sharrie
Valley of Fire State Park Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 310 photos
VALLEY OF FIRE surprised me! Its bold cliffs of white & red sandstone & stark contrast of graceful shapes are all beyond my imagination. Being one of the last parks around the vicinity of Vegas that I visited, I'd have thought that nothing would surprise me anymore. Afterall, having visited the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Red Rock, Death Valley & Lake Powell which all offers the most unique, stunning, magnificent & powerful visual myriads of landscapes, what more is there? Right?
Well, I couldn't be more wrong! Once again, the world never ceases to amaze me! Oh boy, I haven't seen them all! There's always something new somewhere that'll leave a lasting impression & memory. That certainly keeps things in perspective. Now, it's common for human to think our life span as lengthy (otherwise, why would we spend time fighting against one another; between countries, friends, loved ones, etc...?), but in the universal scheme of things, it's very brief. Why do I say that? Well, in comparison to nature, the Grand Canyon encoded 2 billion years of history! The oldest rocks on Valley of Fire dates back to about 600 million years! So then, what's the significance of our life? I really have no ready answer to this question. To each his/her own. Choice then, not chance determines destiny. In the case of Valley of Fire, nature is the master sculptor. Rock, one of the hardest substances in the natural world, is gently shaped & molded into fanciful forms & shapes by water, one of the most flexible & pliable substances. Out of such a paradox is created beauty. The flow of rocks also reflects the flow of times. So then, to me, the flow of our thoughts reflects the flow of humanity.
Facts about Valley of Fire
Established in 1935 as Nevada's first state park.
50 miles NE of Las Vegas, in the Mojave Desert.
Elevation: 2000-2600 ft.
Facts about Nevada
Area: 110,561 sq mi.
Capital: Carson City (pop. 404,000).
Largest City: Las Vegas (pop. 612,600).
Origin of Name: From the Spanish word for snowcapped.
Motto: All for our country.
Info: Commission on Tourism.
Capitol Complex, Carson City, NV 89710.
Tel: 800-Nevada, (702) 687 4322.
Country Code: 1
Yellow Pages: YellowPages.com
Newspaper: USA Today
This is near where we had lunch. After a light lunch, it's now the ducks' turn :-))) more travel advice
Hmmmmmmm, just marvel at the wonder of nature... Serenity... This came to mind: 'God grant me the serenity to accept... more travel advice
Sharrie's Related Pages
Valley of Fire State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Brief Stop Before Civilization: Valley of Fire"
- "Nevada's Finest State Park"
- "In a Word, SPECTACULAR"
- "Valley of Fire State Park"
- "Valley of Fire"
- "Sharrie's Valley of Fire Wilderness"
- "Valley of Fire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valley of Fire State Park
- Hotels in Valley of Fire State Park
- Transportation in Valley of Fire State Park
- Restaurants in Valley of Fire State Park
- Shopping in Valley of Fire State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Valley of Fire State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valley of Fire State Park
- 27 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Valley of Fire State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valley of Fire State Park
- Commented on one of rsilva's Valley of Fire State Park travel pages
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: How would you split these up..."
- created a Valley of Fire State Park Travel Page "Sharrie's Valley of Fire Wilderness"
- Wrote a Review Ducks' lunch ;-) in Valley of Fire State Park Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Plants"
Photos in Valley of Fire State ParkSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues