"Sharrie's Santa Monica Charm" Santa Monica by Sharrie

Santa Monica Travel Guide: 457 reviews and 1,055 photos

SANTA MONICA is where VT is based. That's enough reason to visit, isn't it? Well, to my surprise (or rather ignorance), it's very close to LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) - only 8 miles / 13 km away. Other famous destinations are closeby as well: UCLA is about 5 miles (8 km) away, Beverly Hills - 7 miles (11 km), Malibu - 8 miles (13 km), Getty Center - 10 miles (17 km) & Hollywood - 12 miles (19 km) away. So, anyone who is heading for L.A., do visit this city best appreciated on foot. That I believe is the beauty of Santa Monica. One can actually walk around in comfort! The mild weather & the awesome sunsets of this sophisticated city offer bonuses for travelers as well.

Another surprise is the many museums concentrated in this area. As I had only spent 2 days here, I didn't have a chance to visit any since I was more interested in exploring this charming city on my own. However, I'm sure I'll be back again soon. For those of you interested, do check out the Santa Monica Museum of Art, Historical Society Museum, Museum of Flying, California Heritage Museum & Bergamot Station Arts Center. If you have more time, make a visit to the world famous Getty Center which is 10 miles (17 km) NE of the city. It's a must see!

Web Resources
Area Code: 310
Yellow Pages: SmartPages.com
Newspaper: Santa Monica Observer

• Last visit to Santa Monica: Feb 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 22, 2004

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Sharrie - I don't know what pressed pennies are good for either, but I have about 200 of them now... lol

• Jul 5, 2004 at 2:56 PM

I called and asked if they have a happy hour and the gentelman on the phone said, "No sir, we never have happy hour." Maybe if they did, the happiness factor would go up amongst it's employees. (probably not)

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2003 at 4:55 AM

Sharrie, for some reason I get the impression you liked the sunsets in Santa Monica ;O)) Not to mention the people, I envy you having met some great people, like Julie, in person.....

• ymike2000's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2003 at 10:45 AM

Santa Monica is so beautiful! MMM...El Cholo :-) Did you make it over to the consignment shops on Old Main Street? Thanks for a great page.

• billus's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2003 at 7:05 PM

I can remember the premiere episode of Baywatch in 1989 and I knew this place was going places

• jrs1234's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2002 at 2:21 PM

My favourite part of LA. Lovely sunset pics - thanks!

• Apr 5, 2002 at 11:41 AM

Fascinating Page with great pics - thank you!

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2002 at 9:15 PM

Fantastic page!!! Makes me want to get out & explore! Thanks

• Poohgirl_007's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2002 at 7:09 PM

Beautiful sunset photos!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2002 at 6:09 AM

Nothing like the West Coast sunsets!

Badges & Stats in Santa Monica

Have you been to Santa Monica?

Latest Activity in Santa Monica