Antarctica Packing List Tips by Sharrie Top 5 Page for this destination
Antarctica What to Pack: 45 reviews and 40 photos
Me against the elements!
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Ok, I'd never have guessed these 2 would mix.
No idea what I'm referring to?
Well, these are the 2 brands of sunglasses I brought along on this trip.
Ok, let's face it. I'm not into branded goods. Been over that long time ago.
Neither do I like to be labelled "Miss Brands", if you know what I mean.
Reason why they appeared here is simple.
I figure I shouldn't mess around with my eyes (ya know, the window to my soul, lol...) while in Antarctica. One can go blind here just simply by staring at those beautiful icebergs.
Who'd have guessed, right?
Yep, make sure you have a decent pair of sunglasses, if not 2.
The reason I brought along the branded ones (& I do wear tons of those unbranded ones, simply because I like the design & they are affordable to lose...) is because I can at the very least be sure they state what they are supposed to do!
(Cont. on Miscellaneous)
Miscellaneous: Chanel is good for wearing onboard the ship. Because it's not so darned dark that I can hardly see what I'm shooting with the camera!
Oakley is great for protection.
Against the blinding sun & the wind!
& I guess they do look cool ;-)
If you can, try to get those polarized ones.
I should have :-(
DO NOT ever risk life for a photo!
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Rain coat helps quite a bit with the waves.
Shoes had to be waterproof... or rather it's boots! Bring your own.
Photo Equipment: Essentially, you might want to have some kind of protection for your camera as one'll get wet on the zodiac in more than one occassion. Plastic bags come in handy. But I never did use them. Good gracious, how on earth am I gonna take a pix if I put my camera in a bag? So, it's a no case for me. But if it happened to rain, then you need those bags!
We see here Rosemary with her new camera & trying her best to protect it. Jen is such a sweetie to cater to her every whims & as far as I am concerned, risking the zodiac for a pix is not the way to do it. I don't ever want to end up in the freezing water!
So, my best suggestion to you all is by all means bring your most powerful camera! Just make sure it's NOT brand new! Like that you still get good pix with assured results & your heart won't broke if some water splashed onto the camera!
NEVER ever risk your life for a photo or a camera! It's not worth it! In any case, no pix will ever do justice to Antarctica!!!
More Reviews (180)
- See All Cape Horn, Chile
- See All My confession - The Song
- See All Driving the zodiac
- See All Comes with 24-hr room service, music &...
- See All Cocktails
Sharrie's Related Pages
Antarctica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- "cruising with the Bark Europa"
- "The White Continent"
- "Antarctica - the BIG Ice"
- "My Seventh Continent!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antarctica
- Hotels in Antarctica
- Transportation in Antarctica
- Nightlife in Antarctica
- Restaurants in Antarctica
- Shopping in Antarctica
- Warnings and Dangers in Antarctica
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antarctica
- 182 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 0 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Antarctica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antarctica
- updated a Antarctica Travel Page "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- Commented on one of MikeAtSea's Antarctica travel pages
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: How would you split these up..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- Wrote a Review Cape Horn, Chile in Antarctica Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues