Antarctica Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Sharrie Top 5 Page for this destination
Antarctica Warnings and Dangers: 61 reviews and 84 photos
I believe Russ took this pix. Great shot?
Taking photos on the zodiacs is not a laughing matter. It takes lots of luck & "skills". If you've been on a zodiac in Antarctica, you know it moves & your view path is blocked by all your other fellow passengers on the same "boat".
So, it's not easy. From my photos, you may think it's easy. Trust me, it's not!
Making sure one doesn't fall into the freezing sea... (I've phobias of being drowned :-()
& taking shots in the freezing weather...
U begin to see the picture?
Rule no. 1: Do not put yourself or others at risk of having the boat overturned just becoz of a photo; no matter how good it looks!
Rule no. 2: Protect yourself against the cold. It can be very cold after an hour or so out there with the icebergs.
Rule no. 3: Always listen to the zodiac drivers instruction. They know what's good for you :-)
Different lifejacket for boat & zodiac! No joke!
Well, no risk, no gain.
In this case, the risk is high.
Yep, remember Titanic?
All those icebergs surrounding us...
You get the drift!
So, be prepared...
Well, my first lifeboat & emergency drill on a ship!
This gets some attention naturally ;-)
It looks fun, doesn't it?
Luckily for us, there's no replay after this drill!
More Reviews (180)
- See All Cape Horn, Chile
- See All My confession - The Song
- See All Driving the zodiac
- See All Comes with 24-hr room service, music &...
- See All Cocktails
Sharrie's Related Pages
Antarctica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- "cruising with the Bark Europa"
- "The White Continent"
- "Antarctica - the BIG Ice"
- "Antarctica, both filled and empty in the same view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antarctica
- Hotels in Antarctica
- Transportation in Antarctica
- Nightlife in Antarctica
- Restaurants in Antarctica
- Shopping in Antarctica
- Warnings and Dangers in Antarctica
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antarctica
- 182 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 0 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Antarctica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antarctica
- updated a Antarctica Travel Page "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- Commented on one of MikeAtSea's Antarctica travel pages
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: How would you split these up..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- Wrote a Review Cape Horn, Chile in Antarctica Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues