Antarctica Restaurant Tips by Sharrie Top 5 Page for this destination
Antarctica Restaurants: 29 reviews and 40 photos
Favorite Dish: Cocktails. I tried most of them on board.
Well, we have lots of time on Drake passage.
I figured if we are going to feel sick, I might as well try all the cocktails around. Afterall, no difference between getting sea-sickness & allergic to alcohol. ;-)
Well, luckily for me, I didn't get sea-sickness or allergy either. But I got to try all those wonderful liqueur for free ;-)
Theme: Wine Bar/Wine Tasting
Hey, Bill... u are here to work! ;-)
This is the favorite restaurant of most passengers (90% of them are American). Not mine though. I like to be served & not having to walk here & there for my food. It's a vacation, is it not?
Anyhow, Bill here, he can always be found in restaurants ;-) Told u so :p
Bill is a funny guy. He reminds me of Clark Kent. We were joking about him with that superman suit of his. It was real fun :-D
Verandah has ok coffee.
The coffee at the main dining room is terrible. I had never had such bad coffee anywhere.
It's so diluted it tasted like coke which has fizzled out! That's a sin on a cruise ship!
I need that coffee every morning!
Radisson should be sued for having such lousy coffee!!!
Chocolate to die for
Favorite Dish: Well, this is my favorite dessert.
Best chocolate made on board.
Best I've tasted for a long long time.
Well, it's actually a decorative piece on the cakes. I had this chocolate cake which incidentally was yummy too.
Next day, I don't fancy the cakes & desserts on the menu (we have 3 choices every meal). So, I asked if I could have some of these chocolate!
Well, they sure know how to please their guests. I got a whole plate of it!
Too bad Carol was not daring enough to ask! She was yearning for these one of the lunches but as she wasn't familiar with any of the staff, she didn't ask for them. Gosh, she'll kill me if she got to know I had an entire plate to myself, lol...
Thank you, Ricky! :-)
Gillian, Trip, Sharrie, Brad, Damien & Bill (L2R)
It was a rare occasion. You don't get to dine with the expedition leader daily since he has a different guest list each night.
Tonight is the night for us young people ;-)
It was fun... the guys all chose the same kind of food & we the gals almost identical!
It's pretty much amazing how it all turned out.
Not premeditated. Rather, that's the way it was!
Interesting conversation, joking environment, excellent service & food.
A night to remember by...
Address: If u are on the ship, u'll find it.
Pooldeck dining at Paradise Bay
Our most special, coldest & memorable meal has to be this one.
Served on the Pool Deck & right after our successful landing at Neko Harbour & a great tour of Paradise Bay.
Cold... freezingly cold. Most just came out for the food & ate in the comfort of Verandah Restaurant.
But we (4 of us), Bill, Brad, Sally (the assistant cruise director) & me ate our full course right outside! & I wasn't dressed for it. I didn't have my parka on! Now, you know why I said it's cold!!!
Yes, Brad... u are right again. Most memorable :-)))
More Reviews (177)
- See All Cape Horn, Chile
- See All My confession - The Song
- See All Driving the zodiac
- See All Comes with 24-hr room service, music &...
- See All Give it up...
Sharrie's Related Pages
Antarctica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- "cruising with the Bark Europa"
- "The White Continent"
- "Antarctica - the BIG Ice"
- "Antarctica, both filled and empty in the same view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antarctica
- Hotels in Antarctica
- Transportation in Antarctica
- Nightlife in Antarctica
- Restaurants in Antarctica
- Shopping in Antarctica
- Warnings and Dangers in Antarctica
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antarctica
- 182 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 0 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Antarctica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antarctica
- updated a Antarctica Travel Page "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- Commented on one of MikeAtSea's Antarctica travel pages
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: How would you split these up..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- Wrote a Review Cape Horn, Chile in Antarctica Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues